Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

UNKNOWN German Zeppelin Airship badge , can amyone please ID and provide info

Article about: Hi, I know this example is a copy , but a copy of what ?? I have been offered a badge which is genuine . but whilst trying to find out about it all I have found is two copies of it !! My que

Default UNKNOWN German Zeppelin Airship badge , can amyone please ID and provide info

Hi,
    I know this example is a copy , but a copy of what ?? I have been offered a badge which I believe is genuine, rather than a fantasy made item . but whilst trying to find out about it all I have found is two obvious copies of it !! ..this being one of them.
    These sate No 1 airship badge ???
    My question regarding this airship badge , when was this type issued , what for , just how sacarce are original examples...I take it it is a civilian award rather than military ..
    Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UNKNOWN German Zeppelin Airship badge , can amyone please ID and provide info  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement UNKNOWN German Zeppelin Airship badge , can amyone please ID and provide info
    P
    Many

This is not an official badge design for Airship Personnel...I believe this to be a sort of Patriotic Adornment...
    Glenn

Ummmm hi Glenn , the example I have seen has an engine emblem fitted , and fitting to rear is as per military insignia.
    Therefore I don't think it is just a patriotic badge , it would seem a weird one to reproduce if its just a patriotic adornment ...thank you and hopefully their will be further confirmation .

Can we see that rear fitting described as "per military insignia"....That would be very helpful...
    I've spent some time researching Luftschiffer Material, and this is a dubious, generic design at best, friend...Is the seller in Poland?
    I advise saving your money, especially if this is highly priced...as Airship-related items tend to be...
    cheers, Glenn

UNKNOWN German Zeppelin Airship badge , can amyone please ID and provide inforear

I thought Weimar period / civilian insignia for airship crew ??

Looks like the front view didn't load...Hard to make a reasonable call with these limited images of two obviously different items...Good luck with it...
    Glenn

This badge looks like a conglomeration of several different badge elements. The tricolor shield on the wreath bottom for example, looks borrowed from the Austro-Hungarian Observer's badge from WWI, while the eagle is almost a copy of the Luftwaffe eagle. The crudeness of the designed wreath leaves is like no other I've ever seen. I hesitate to say, as you obviously want to hear that it is a genuine and rare badge, but I would consider this nothing more than a fantasy badge. The Weimar regime did not use the red,white and black colors but rather went with the red,gold and black-which was stiffly resented by the opposition parties. Red,white and black would not have been represented on an official badge or award.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."