MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Medal - Arrow Badge?

Article about: I am not a collector so I apologize if I missed anything obvious. About twenty years ago my father discovered a tin containing about thirty WWII German medals in a landfill. It was apparent

retlawb42
    ?

Default Unknown Medal - Arrow Badge?

I am not a collector so I apologize if I missed anything obvious. About twenty years ago my father discovered a tin containing about thirty WWII German medals in a landfill. It was apparent that they were picked up on a battle field and stored untill the were most likely accidently throwen out. Over the years I have auctioned all of them off except for a few pieces that we found very interesting and this one badge that I was never able to identify. I think it is a tinnie, but it is solid, not hollow like all the other tinnies I have handled. It says Fur Leistungen Inderch which would decipher to “in honor of achievement / merit” although the letters are tightly grouped so it is hard to tell where one word starts and stops. “Inderch” is the word that I have not been able to translate. The back has a makers mark of R Z M with a circle around it followed by M 1/36 and on the peak of the arrow is the number 91022 with three wavy lines struck through it. Does anyone have any idea of what I have here? Im assuming it may be rather rare because in all the research I have done I have only been able to locate one image of a group of Third Reich medals that had it labeled as an Arrow Badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Medal - Arrow Badge?   Unknown Medal - Arrow Badge?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Unknown Medal - Arrow Badge?

Mate,

Its not that rare, its a Hitler youth sports/proficiency badge, search that area and you should find a few. The writing back then is hard to read but it is not HC but HJ which was the abreviation for Hitler Jungen.

Regards

Jock

retlawb42
    ?

Default Re: Unknown Medal - Arrow Badge?

The one other thing i ran across is that the arrow is the symbol for the "tyre-rune." This is the rune for the god of war and represents discipline, responsibility, self-sacrifice, conflict, strength, a wound, physicality, the warrior path