Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unnown artilery medal, probably regimental item

Article about: Hello dear friends, I just asking for help with this interesting medal, which I think is nothing official. Medal has simple construction and it is made from zinc and mostly faded out. It is

Default Unnown artilery medal, probably regimental item

Hello dear friends, I just asking for help with this interesting medal, which I think is nothing official. Medal has simple construction and it is made from zinc and mostly faded out. It is hanged on leather fiber. On medal is pictured howitzer in the wood and there is small edelweiss. There is also title: 14. (SCHW.) GEBIRGS-JAG-REG 98 3 KR.- WEINACHT RUSSLAND

Please can you anybody tell me what it already is, maybe some short history about this medal. This medal is not in my collection, so if you can tell me its value I will appreciate it.

Many thanks for your help and time!

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unnown artilery medal, probably regimental item   Unnown artilery medal, probably regimental item  

Unnown artilery medal, probably regimental item  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unnown artilery medal, probably regimental item
    P
    Many

3rd Wartime Christmas Russia 14th (Heavy) Kompanie Gebirgsjager Regt 98.

These were unofficial regimental items.

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Gebirgsjäger-Regimenter

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It looks like it's a commemorative regiment medal. As there is a Swaz on it I doubt it's post war. Medals, along with regiment specific award docs are out there. 26 Pz division & LW 134 flak div being two. There are loads both wartime & post war veterans societies. Stewy

The units of the Mountain troops were well known for these unofficial medals.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, thanks a lot for quick reply. I can´t find anywhere this exact medal I also like to purchase it from its owner, but I don´t want to pay more ore less, I want to be honest and pay its value, can you help me with that? Just a link to a seller which is selling this or similar items...

Best regards

Peter

It's not always a good thing to start bounding values of items about. It can create a false market. I know how much I would pay for it, but others may have different ideas. It all depends how much you would like to have said item in your collection. Stewy

Stewy, I do not collect this kind of items, I´m focus to collect army daggers only, but just one medal like this can´t hurt So if you miss just this one medal for example, what will be your offer, just your opinion

Best regards

Peter

Sent you a PM. Stewy