Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

visitors from germany

Article about: Hello Guys ,Today i had visitors from germany.The father inlaw lived in germany for about twenty years and became close to a family who he lived with for a while .The two children and a frie

?

Default visitors from germany

Hello Guys ,Today i had visitors from germany.The father inlaw lived in germany for about twenty years and became close to a family who he lived with for a while .The two children and a friend of theres all about nineteen-twentyish came to stay in the uk this week ,The father in law mentiond i have a collection of german militaria and they asked if they could come and have a look,to which i said no problem,I have various things from flags to bayonets and everything in between.They were particualy intrested in the ww1 and 2 EKs and wound badges ,asking questions and holding them.They said they never see or feel comfortable talking about the wars and particualy the swastika back in germany and found it very intesting to see there history displayled freely.Like i said they were more intrested in the medals and wound badges maybe with them being of a more personal nature.I,ve included a couple of pics of my collection to give you a idea of what they saw , i hope you find this a tad intresting,Regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture visitors from germany   visitors from germany  

visitors from germany   visitors from germany  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement visitors from germany
    P
    Many

Default Re: visitors from germany

very nice paul, i like your helmets very much also nice displays

?

Did you sign them up for the forum?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello Adrian,Like i said earlyer the awards intrested them greatly ,maybe they will look into it all abit more when they get home Regards Paul.

You have some really nice items Paul

Which action is that painting depicting please ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello Nick ,The picture is called ,The shelling of Monte Cassino, by Terence Cuneo.I bought it from Cranston fine arts on the net,and the second is the Last stand of the 5th Gibralter battery by the same artist,The pics i have taken dont do the prints any justice,Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture visitors from germany   visitors from germany  

Paul, great collection! I love your sawbacks! Where did you get your display cases? I've been looking for ones like that.

Luke

?

Hello Luke,I got the large one frome a charity shop priced £50 And the smaller one from a shop called Argos new for about £80 Regards Paul Ps I fell lucky with the charity shop case ,i was at the right place at the right time it had just arrived in and i hav,nt seen one since.

?

nice display, you have some daggers

?

Thanks mate, I,m more of a bayonet collector who branched or should i say branches off to other bits has you can see ,Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast