Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

War Badges

Article about: Dear Members Hope someone can recognize these badges. Why are tank badge marked "100"? If there is interesting history about them, please let me know. The last 1939 badge is marked

Default War Badges

Dear Members

Hope someone can recognize these badges. Why are tank badge marked "100"? If there is interesting history about them, please let me know. The last 1939 badge is marked L/58 (Rudolf Souval of Vienna), which probably is not as credible or what?

Greetings
    Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Badges   War Badges  

War Badges   War Badges  

War Badges   War Badges  

War Badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Badges
    P
    Many

Default Re: War Badges

Hi Martin, I can help you a little on the these badges.

The "1939" badge is fake. This exhibits the classic fake Rudolf Souval of Vienna catch. This was a post war design invention. A neat design but never used on any wartime badge of any pattern.

The Minesweepers and Sub chasers badge we have covered on the forum in the past Correctly called the Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch-, U-Bootsjagd- und Sicherungsverbände. Maker is Assmann.

The Luftwaffe Panzer Assualt badge is fake or better still a fantasy. The "100" cartouche refers to the number of tank battles the awardee would have to have taken part in to be awarded the badge. These were never even made in WW2. The basic level un-numbered Luftwaffe Panzer badge were designed in 1944. A few test peices were made at best. But none of the proposed Luftwaffe tank badges were ever awarded. Going back to the badge you show, just look at the bad pock marked casting to the reverse. Never a good sign on any badge.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I agree with Ade's assesment on these badges, the only good one is the Assmann Minesweeper. Are these for sale on a website somewhere?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Adrian Stevenson & Adrian C

No, they are not for sale. I got them as a child from an old man in my family. Now as an adult I find the story behind these medals interesting and I am therefore pleased with this forum and your help.

I'm surprised that there are copies in such an old collection, but I am still very happy about the collection. I also hope that you can help me with the "German Red Cross Star Order" & "NSDAP 25 Year Long Service Medal" when I make a new thread for them. I hope one day I can help others here, but until now I have not contributed that much.

Martin