Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

What do I have????

Article about: These are for sale in my area... are they real? and does anyone know what the American badge is? and I'm not sure why they are blurry.. these 2 pics were sent to me. Thank you in advance!!

?

Default What do I have????

These are for sale in my area... are they real? and does anyone know what the American badge is? and I'm not sure why they are blurry.. these 2 pics were sent to me.
    Thank you in advance!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have????   What do I have????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do I have????
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do I have????

west wall medal, KVK with out swords, krim sheild, destroyer badge, no idea about the american badge sorry as to originality close ups are needed (that arne't blurry)

?

Looks like the eagle is a USAF officers hat badge. The old ones that made you look like a bus driver. Not knowledgable with the rest.

You have:

Westwall medal
    USAF Officer's hat badge
    Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen or Destroyer badge
    War Merit Cross, 1st Class without Swords (Kriegsverdienstkreuz Erste Klasse ohne Schwertern)
    Krim Shield (Krimschild)

Please post better pics of each badge, front and back.

?

These are the pics that were sent to me ... sorry guys.

?

Quite often, poor quality pictures are hiding something. Be wary, and ask for more photographs. If they aren't forthcoming, leave well alone. One needs to be able to make an informed decision, so be careful Lowboy.

Cheers,

Carl

?

Thank you Carl... Much appreciated.

The West wall and the KVK look ok

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

These are scans which are never a good way of obtaining images of awards because as can be seen, only the highest points come out in focus. Please ask the seller for some photographs, not scans so we can see what we have here.
    The Westwall, Krim and KVK all stand a decent chance and possibly the Destroyer too but we would all like better images of these pieces.
    It may seem a bit pedantic to keep asking for better images but there is a reason other than the obvious one. If we get into the habit of identifying pieces and authenticating them from blurred pics it will set a precedent to future posters not to make a bit of an effort with their photography and we'll end up having a forum full of poor quality photos and we like sharp pics for reference.
    Also, if we give a positive authentication based upon pics such as above, a member makes a purchase based upon this and then the pieces turn out to be fake, can't get their money back etc etc.........
    For credible answers we need credible photos!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Westwall & KVK w/o swords possibly. Destroyer,i'm not keen on maybe better pics would help as Ade says. Stewy