Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

What are these, and do some look fake? Thx in advance ;-)

Article about: I'm being offered these locally, don't know of a price yet, and I think I might be interested in the obvious WWII pieces. I don't usually collect this sort of thing, although I wouldn't mind

Default What are these, and do some look fake? Thx in advance ;-)

I'm being offered these locally, don't know of a price yet, and I think I might be interested in the obvious WWII pieces. I don't usually collect this sort of thing, although I wouldn't mind having a couple genuine merit badges someday... Anyway, back to this lot, (and there's supposed to be a "standard" as well, a couple of the WWI things look like outright fakes (to me anyways) and there's a few pieces that look like they could be genuine.

I don't have pics of the back of anything, this is it, and it is supposedly from someone's Dad who was over there, or collected, not 100% sure.

What are the various pieces here, what looks real or not, and what might these (the real ones) things be worth?

I know this is asking a lot, but thx in advance for any forthcoming response to shed some light on this.

PS I do know what the small eagle with swords and black swastika in the middle of everything is, I have one. Veteran's organization pin, and I see another similar organization piece in there, a larger one.

Thx ;-)

This stuff looks like fake junk?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are these, and do some look fake? Thx in advance ;-)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What are these, and do some look fake? Thx in advance ;-)

Post these pieces separately and in their respective forums.

There are only three items above that belong here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Grouping of misc medals posted an hour ago...

It is with disappointment that I have to walk away from a possible transaction with the owner of items I posted for information, trying to learn something and maybe add something to my collection. The seller refuses to give me a price on the items and insists I meet him to "make an offer". I posted here in the hopes of figuring this out.

The post was immediately closed, "only three items belonged" in this category, as if I knew well enough to split this into a multitude of different queries, only in the proper areas, even though I haven't a clue as to most of this stuff is...

Who cares about the beginning collector anyway? This kind of feeling makes me really think about getting into collecting something else. I live very remote, and even in the nearest big city an hour away, there is no one I can ask, which leaves it to the internet. To this forum, I thought. But apparently not.

?

Default Re: What are these, and do some look fake? Thx in advance ;-)

Well, as you can see I've merged your new thread in to the same one as you started and I closed. There really is no point starting a thread to moan about the way I MODERATE this forum. I have closed several threads like this recently so have no idea why you seem to be taking this personally.

It has been said on so many occasions that you need to start a new thread for each individual item. It has also been said that good, clear front and back shots are needed in most cases to enable any decent comments to be made and therefore a better chance of authenticating any potential purchases.

I will not be setting any precedents where a member can get away with posting poor images and also will not be entertaining discussion in the Third Reich Orders and Decorations forum on items that are not Third Reich Orders and Decorations.

If you choose to walk away from the deal, that's your choice, not mine and I have no idea why you mention this in you recent post, it makes no difference. If you can't be bothered to ask the seller for better images then that's not my problem. The seller obviously has a camera and the ability to send you photos, ask him or her to break them down.

As far as your last paragraph is concerned, I don't know why I should reply because the evidence here on the forum speaks for itself. There is a long list of new collectors who have been helped, saved from wasting money on fakes and in turn have been able to accept the way the forum is run, abide by the rules and not have to resort to posting messages such as yours.

Where you live is irrelevant. This is 2013 not 1813.

Stick to the standards expected here and post items according to how it is clearly asked on many occasions and you will get the help you require.

It's that simple.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....