Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlacht Im Osten 41/42

Article about: Hi all. German decorations are not really my thing but I recently came across this. From the research I've done I believe it to be original but just wanted to be sure. Any opinions would be

Default Winterschlacht Im Osten 41/42

Hi all. German decorations are not really my thing but I recently came across this. From the research I've done I believe it to be original but just wanted to be sure. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlacht Im Osten 41/42   Winterschlacht Im Osten 41/42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht Im Osten 41/42
    P
    Many

See if you can match it here....https://www.ostmedaille-database.com/

Brilliant Gunny, thanks for the link. I was wondering if the black finish had come off as there are some black marks on the reverse, although nothing on the obverse.

Hi Spitace

I am sorry but this medaille is a repro, they seem to get more and more common, the ribbon is also a repro.

All the best!
    Sindri

That is or really some worn out piece or cast copy. Details are guite soft and weak on many points and somehow I dont like it. Sindri (Sveimhugi) would be very helpful on this matter though.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Yep after looking at the sword and Lorebeere leaves it seemed a little suspect!..

And you really were very helpful Sindri and I for some reason didnt see your post at all. Sadly even so numeruous and cheap medals like these are not spared of copying.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Bit of a let down but it didn't cost me a lot. I think I was lulled into a false sense of security by the fact that there are many variants of these but as has been said even common medals are heavily faked.

So to sum up it is a lack of detail that mainly shows this to be a fake? Guess i'll keep it as a piece for reference.

Thanks for all the input.

Yep poor finish and detail.