Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.

Article about: Thanks for the article, Kenneth. Just bookmarked it Out of interest, what exactly makes mine authentic? Are there any points in particular (i.e shape of helmet/grenade, wings or Swastika?) o

Default Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.

Hello guys!

First post in this section and was wondering if any of you could help me with a question regarding Eastern Front Medals.

I'm going to pick one up later today, and was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what to watch out for in terms of authenticity, and also some of the giveaways of a fake one. I know that these medals aren't HIGHLY faked, however I'm on a rather tight budget and want to be sure!

Thanks for your time gents, I appreciate any help given!

Regards

-Joshua
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-02-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eastern Front Medal

Seriously,I can't honestly recall ever actually Seeing a fake one of these! With the vast numbers of them made and issued(and Unissued)I doubt it would be worth the time and effort of a counterfeiter to even make the dies for one! You should be able to find a dandy condition one with ribbon and possibly an issue envelope for a fairly reasonable price! Good luck! William

?

Default Re: Eastern Front Medal

Hi Joshua and welcome to this section of the forum.
    As William states, you will be very unlucky to pick up a fake medal as originals are in abundance.
    Use the search button and take a look through some of the threads about these medals so you can get a general idea of what an original will look like. Search for 'Ostmedaille' or 'Winterschlacht im Osten'.
    I normally suggest members post photos of their item before parting with cash especially when they might not be entirely confident on what they're buying. It doesn't sound like you will have the chance so please post some pics when you get it and make sure you establish a return agreement if it turns out to be bad.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.

Photos to follow shortly!

Thanks for the advice by the way guys!

-Joshua

Hi guys, here is the medal that I just purchased locally. What are your thoughts?

Regards,

Joshua

Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.Winterschlacht im Osten Medal.

Nice original.

Cheers, Ade.

Congrats Joshua, you have got yourself a nice Ostmedal

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

The Winterschlacht im Osten/Ostmedaille is indeed faked, despite its low value. I have seen several fakes myself. But as Adrian says, like with the KVK2, you are very unlucky if you purchase a fake one. But trust me, they are out there. However, Joshua, yours is original as already stated!

- Kenneth

Thank-you all, for your replies. So happy to have found something locally for a change, only a 25 minute drive!

The design of these medals is for sure very appealing!

Thanks again, it is appreciated..

-Joshua

KSH
    ?

Here is a link to a little article on Ostmedaille reproductions: Reproduction Eastern Front Medals - R.M.Militaria

- Kenneth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast