Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver

Article about: Hi Forum I have just got this ostfront medal, but I am not sure of the number in the ring, is it 13- 15 ? I have another Ostfront medal where the helmet is silver, this one has no color, has

Default Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver

Hi Forum
    I have just got this ostfront medal, but I am not sure of the number in the ring, is it 13- 15 ?
    I have another Ostfront medal where the helmet is silver, this one has no color, has it been burned ?

I am sure this is a Mutterkreuz in Silver, not bronze ?

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver   Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver  

Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver   Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver
    P
    Many

It looks to be a 13 Gustav Brehmer. Different makers had different finishes, so nothing to worry about. Finishes of the same maker could differ depending on when they were produced. Stewy

Hi Stewy
    Thank you for your iD
    Regards
    John

Looks to me like a 13 as well. But I did just check out the stamped number, not the medal itself, pictures should turn the "right" way for that
    The OM has some zink pest, witch should be treated

As Stewy said, there are different finishes and of different quality, most have lost their Silver paint/wash on the helmet and rim unfortunately, so there is nothing to worry about, I dont think it has been burned, just a very normal fade of the wash.

On the Mutterkreuz I am no expert, I would say Silver from these pictures, but dont hold my word for it

?

Question

I must be going blind because the photos I see of the MC are sure Not silver!
    Front looks like bronz, but the back almost looks gold.
    Sarge

Yes it is a Mutterkreuz in Silver, I do not what happens, sometimes my pics rotate when I uploade :-(. Yes the oM has some zink pest, what can I treat it with.

I have rotated the pics, they should be better now :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver   Winterschlackt IM OSTEN 1941/42 and Mutterkreuz Silver  

Thank you, yes its 100% a OM 13 IMO.

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I must be going blind because the photos I see of the MC are sure Not silver!
    Front looks like bronz, but the back almost looks gold.
    Sarge
    Yes like I said, I am no expert in these, and the different glare, patina and lighting can be somewhat confusing. But the back of the cross is very silvery (bronze ones are much darker) but it could also be a very worn/polished backside bronze one. I not taking any responsibility on anything I have said about the MC as I have not studied them haha.. These are only assumptions

Here are some pis of mine to compare the shades, not perfect pics but its something.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)