MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winterschlact Imosten/ Frozen Meat Order Medal

Article about: Out of curiosity, what would the normal value of this medal go for? I'm looking forward to expanding my TR collection, and appreciate all of the help that you have given me so far and in adv

Default Winterschlact Imosten/ Frozen Meat Order Medal

Hello all,

I went to a gun show yesterday, and purchased a Frozen Meat Order medal. WW2 German medals aren't really my area of collecting for the most part, but there's just something about this medal I really like. It has a nice undamaged ribbon, a nice patina to the medal, the black and white stripes are the correct width, and there happens to be a hallmark on the ring, which from what I was able to see said either "OO" or "RA". Would anyone be able to tell me if this is an early issue medal? What would the normal value given it is in very good condition go for? I will try to get pictures up as soon as possible, as this would help with determining the answers to my questions. Thank you all for the help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterschlact Imosten/ Frozen Meat Order Medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Winterschlact Imosten/ Frozen Meat Order Medal

Hi

We would certainly need to see pics before we can comment

Maybe get a close up of the maker mark too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Yes, as Nick has already said, pics needed please.

?

If there are any marks on the ring they should be numbers and not letters. As the guys above have said, please post some pics and we can tell you more.
    Welcome to TR collecting!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I look forward to seeing it.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If there are any marks on the ring they should be numbers and not letters. As the guys above have said, please post some pics and we can tell you more.
    Welcome to TR collecting!
    I agree never seen letters on one look foward to the pics.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Here are the pictures...I wasn't able to get a clear shot of the makers mark, but upon closer inspection, it looks almost like a "00".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winterschlact Imosten/ Frozen Meat Order Medal   Winterschlact Imosten/ Frozen Meat Order Medal  

Winterschlact Imosten/ Frozen Meat Order Medal  

Because I'm currently in the process of getting a new camera, I took these pictures from my itouch, so some of the fine detail that this medal has may appear blurry. The beak and claws are sharp and defined, the detail on the sword and leafs are present, the diameter is the correct size as is the width

?

It might be a Wachtler & Lange - '100'. Their mark is sometimes quite hard to read. Try a search on the forum and compare to some of the others posted, on EK2s for example and see if they match. Looks like a good medal though!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

When I took a look at the other pictures on the forum compared to the mark on my medal, I found one that is similar to what I have...I definitely see what looks to be two zeros, though it is hard to make out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast