Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hi what are your thoughts on this badge I m thinking its ok from what I have compared it to ?? thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen

Hi
    what are your thoughts on this badge I m thinking its ok from what I have compared it to ??
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen   Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen  

Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen   Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen  

Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen   Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen

Hi Tony,

In terms of originality, it's a good second pattern from Schwerin, no problems there.

On the other hand the finish is, in my opinion, not original to the badge. It looks like it has been re-painted and I would not be paying top price for the badge as it is.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Tony,

In terms of originality, it's a good second pattern from Schwerin, no problems there.

On the other hand the finish is, in my opinion, not original to the badge. It looks like it has been re-painted and I would not be paying top price for the badge as it is.
    Hi there,i thought the same thing as Adrian when i looked at the "gold" strip of paint on the underside of the boat,a nice original badge that's had a bit of a re-paint.Don't pay over the odds for this one, Leon.

It almost looks like only the top half of the wreath and eagle were painted but not the bottom half? Except, inexplicably, the painter chose to do the bottom half of the boat? A kid, maybe?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I am on the similar opinion as William, here is mine for compare:
    Ww2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichenWw2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichenWw2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichenWw2 german navy badge e.boot badge schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen

?

The original gold finish can be seen on the reverse, faded.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....