Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WWII Order of the German Eagle with Swords, help needed

Article about: This medal is going for about \\$92 at a local militaria shop. The owner of the shop is uncertain if it original or repro.. What do you guys think?

?

Default WWII Order of the German Eagle with Swords, help needed

This medal is going for about $92 at a local militaria shop. The owner of the shop is uncertain if it original or repro.. What do you guys think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l1.JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	200026

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WWII Order of the German Eagle with Swords, help needed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l2.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	200027

?

hi , firstly i make no claim to be overly familiar with this order , but there are a few things i would not be happy with. the quality of the swords are not what i would expect , design of the hilt differs from a known original i have seen , the detail on the eagle feathers are weak. the eagles head is a bit chicken like and the dome effect of the central cross is unlike the original example i have examined closely with the aid of a loop . i find the quality of the swastika wreath to be lacking the kind of detail i would expect. this is just my opinion based on what i see , perhaps it may be a late war example ,but even at that stage metal quality had dropped. but the die stamping was still of a high quality striking , even the price is very low , one example i have seen on the ruptured duck site its the 1943 latin script version is priced at $575 , only value i have to compare this example with. i would pass on this one myself , but stand to be corrected .its a great learning tool the forum and answers quickly provided .....cheers paul

Hello. It is a very bad fake

Adlerorden