Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Your favourite item......

Article about: I have many favourite items, but here is one. My first and only EK1:

Default Re: Your favourite item......

I have refrained from posting on this thread until now because I could not choose only one favorite, so I submit the two favorite (special) medals in my collection. They are an F&R produced Panzerkampf Abzeichen in silver and an unmarked K&Q produced EK II. These two were awarded to my father and were handed down to me by my mother after he had passed away.
    Ralph.
    I will include a photo of my father.
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-20-2012 at 05:38 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your favourite item......
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have refrained from posting on this thread until now because I could not choose only one favorite, so I submit the two favorite (special) medals in my collection. They are a F&R produced Panzerkampf Abzeichen in silver and an unmarked K&Q produced EK II. These two were awarded to my father and were handed down to me by my mother after he had passed away.
    Ralph.
    Nice awards, and even better that they were your fathers. Do you have any of his other uniform items?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Nice awards, and even better that they were your fathers. Do you have any of his other uniform items?
    Thank you!
    I do not have any other items from his uniform. As he ended the war when the 16th Panzer Div. was destroyed in Russia and he managed to escape back to Germany. He told me that he and others were aware that if you were found wearing a black uniform, you were likely to be shot on sight, I believe his was discarded and a field grey one was worn. He was captured by the Americans and became a POW. I believe this is the last photo of him as a soldier, possibly when he was a POW.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your favourite item......  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That's a shame he had to discard his uniform, but totally understandable why he did it. You did what you had to do to survive. Survival was the ultimate victory. Thanks for sharing his photos with us.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I've seen this pic of your father many times Ralph but this is the first time I noticed he has a collar tab Totenkopf where the Wehrmacht cockade should be on his cap.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I noticed that also, perhaps a fashion amongst some of the young crews?

I don't have many medals to choose from, but here is my favorite, First Class Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter.

Corey

Your favourite item...... Your favourite item......

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I've seen this pic of your father many times Ralph but this is the first time I noticed he has a collar tab Totenkopf where the Wehrmacht cockade should be on his cap.
    Unusual photo for sure Adrian.
    One of those items that if found today, would probably be taken apart because "they didn't wear them that way!"
    Ralph.
    P.S. There is also this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your favourite item......  

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I don't have many medals to choose from, but here is my favorite, First Class Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter.

Corey

Your favourite item...... Your favourite item......

That's a nice display!

Beautiful Photos rbminis, a large piece of its history

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast