Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Your favourite item......

Article about: I have many favourite items, but here is one. My first and only EK1:

?

Default Re: Your favourite item......

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Hi, JWS. You have a very nice presentation pocket watch !

The name of 'Lohr' on the dial is the distrubutor or retailer, who would have 'custom ordered'
    it from the manufacturer with specific features or embelishments, such as the fancy 'scrolled'
    hands and arabic numbers on the dial. It is probably a Swiss piece (Omega ?) made a year
    or so before the skilled engraving took place. The red 24 hr numbers were likely added
    later as well because they are applied on top of the retailers name.

From the movement inside, you may find clues as to who the actual maker was by the
    shape of the plates, etc, although this is easier with American pocket watches.
    - I hope you don't mind the rant.

Could you post a clear shot of the movement ?
    I will see if I can get a clear shot,..usually I have the best luck when I am using sunlight,...it is raining today,....I will see what can be done,....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your favourite item......
    P
    Many

?

There's some great stuff being posted guys and thank you for sharing them. I had intended the topic to just be Third Reich decoration orientated but after seeing the items here I'm glad it isn't!

BTW my favourite item has now changed to Steve's Jeep!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Lol...................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    There's some great stuff being posted guys and thank you for sharing them. I had intended the topic to just be Third Reich decoration orientated but after seeing the items here I'm glad it isn't!

BTW my favourite item has now changed to Steve's Jeep!
    thank you letting us "color outside the lines",......the jeep is spectacular isn't it...?

?

Quote by jws54 View Post
    I will see if I can get a clear shot,..usually I have the best luck when I am using sunlight,...it is raining today,....I will see what can be done,....

The rain cleared off,...however, the back is on extremely tight and I don't want to force it,...I have a friend who works on old pocket watches, and I have asked him
    to give me a hand with it. I am a woodchopper, and I fear my efforts would be too
    heavy handed,.....

That would be my LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin grouping. Original postcard bought onboard, passenger booklet, piece of fabric w/pin, and a beautiful blue enameled silver perfume bottle. Unique!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your favourite item......  

This is hard for me as I have an affection for all Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's...But I am partial to the NS examples made by Wiedmann, FLL and Juncker.

Here are my Nickel Silver examples.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your favourite item......   Your favourite item......  

Eddy,
    That blue one is magnificent! Could you please tell more about it?

Hi Spectre,
    The "bleu one" is a nsdap long service medal standing for 15 years member service. The bronze one stands for 10 years. There is only one left to collect in this range and thats the gold with white enamel standing for 25 years. The 25 year service is a very hard to find medal and also expencive so i wil keep looking.
    Greetings

Eddy

My favourite item....
    ..one of these

Regards from Norway

Your favourite item......

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast