Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Your thoughts on this Kreigsbzeichen fur Hilfskreuzer-Auxillary Cruiser War Badge?

Article about: I have the opportunity to pick this Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge, which in my opinion, is one of the best looking badges out there. Unfortunately, they're really expensive and I don't know mu

Default Your thoughts on this Kreigsbzeichen fur Hilfskreuzer-Auxillary Cruiser War Badge?

I have the opportunity to pick this Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge, which in my opinion, is one of the best looking badges out there. Unfortunately, they're really expensive and I don't know much about them besides what I've learned from this forum so I wanted to ask what you thought of this one. From what I can tell, it looks authentic but I'd love to hear the opinions of this forum. It is unmarked Juncker from what I can tell... Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2373.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	888043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2374.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	888044  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2375.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	888045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	888046  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

You are correct it is an unmarked Juncker.

Moved to Orders and Decorations of the 3rd Reich Forum. Back in the early 1960's, a vet brought in seven of these with diamondsto a dealer's shop in Chicago! They sold quickly. I was 15 and could not afford the $50 price tag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hi Guys,

This badge has been discussed a couple of times on WAF in the last year. Yes, it's an original Juncker but it's been denazified and then cleverly restored with a replacement swastika.
    Auxiliary cruiser badge Juncker - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hilfs1-1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	888283  

Hi, definitely a "restored" piece as Norm has identified, apart from that it is in nice order. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway