Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?

Article about: Hello everyone, Any experienced opinions on the originality of this badge would be appreciated. Is this piece an original 'period' made award or a 'post-war' reproduction? This is out of my

Default Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?

Hello everyone,
    Any experienced opinions on the originality of this badge would be appreciated. Is this piece an original 'period' made award or a 'post-war' reproduction? This is out of my level of experience and I sure could use some help. Also, any details on your opinion would be helpful for my education as well.
    Thanks to all for your help!
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?   Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?  

Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?   Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?  

Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?   Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I think this stands a good chance but best wait for Fred/Martin.

I'm not in front of my PC nor my reference materials and magnifying glass (my old eyes) to provide much more info unfortunately.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Most of it I like but there seems to be a lack of detail in the water.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Most of it I like but there seems to be a lack of detail in the water.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    was thinking something similar but chalked it up to wear...but now that you mentioned it, as the condition otherwise is near mint...it doesn't add up.

I agree...let's wait..

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Where's Ned when you need him?....

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Where's Ned when you need him?....
    I think that is a very timely question Gunny.

After further research this morning and me in "learning mode", I would go out on a limb and say that this is an original.

Why? Well I think we have Ned (and Martin) to thank for that.

See the link below.

Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)

Looking at the example in the Skora book & I see no issues with it.

The waves on this makers badge was not very detailed.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Looking at the example in the Skora book & I see no issues with it.
    What is the name of that book David? I have Frank's. It was published in 2005 and a lot has transpired since then I'm sure.

Default kriegs book

[QUOTE=MAP;1770454]What is the name of that book David? I have Frank's. It was published in 2005 and a lot has transpired since then I'm sure.[/Q

Published 2011 vol. 1 & 2.

As said prior, the waves were not much detailed from this maker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?   Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?  

Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen: Fake or Original?  

MAP
    ?

[QUOTE=real steel;1770461]
    Quote by MAP View Post
    What is the name of that book David? I have Frank's. It was published in 2005 and a lot has transpired since then I'm sure.[/Q

Published 2011 vol. 1 & 2
    Sorry....total brain freeze for me. Yes I have those...I was multi tasking on two different threads and was looking at my GAB book...LoL...I think I need another drink...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast