Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zerstorer abz.

Article about: I cannot decipher the marking on the back. Perhaps you can!

yab
    ?

Default Zerstorer abz.

Hi, got this one today.
    Regards Yab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstorer abz.   Zerstorer abz.  

Zerstorer abz.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstorer abz.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Zerstorer abz.

Looks good!
    Can you post some pics without the flash as well please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Firstly, I am NOT a badge guy ( but I have stumbled across some i my travels ) but what's with the slight missing / malformed section to the swaz??

I had a minesweeper badge with a similar looking swaz that was derided as a cheap fake saying " the maker would never have let one like that through. Badges were ALWYS crisp & clean" ( end quote )

Can some expert clarify things like that please - for all of us ( because after harsh critisism I binned my badge in disgust )

Dan

?

Hi Dan,
    I'm no expert but while the quality of awards always remained high, there was the odd manufacturer who made things of slightly lesser quality. It is also impossible for everything made in the TR to be absolutely perfect. There were also differences in the execution of awards by different makers.
    Here are a couple of minesweeper badges to demonstrate.

The first one is by S&L, note the featureless eagle.

The second is by Richard Simm & Sohne, note the mis-shapen swastika.

Compare a '55' EK2 to a '21', the difference in quality are poles apart. There are so many examples of differing quality right across the TR scene. Not everything was a perfect clone of the one before and the one before that etc.
    Tools suffered wear and mis-alignment which have resulted in some unusual pieces being found. Look at the EK2 below, the tool alignment was out and therefore the beading on the reverse is missing a chunk.

Best not to throw anything away without getting it checked out first by more than one person!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstorer abz.   Zerstorer abz.  

Zerstorer abz.  

yab
    ?

Hi, I will see if I can make some better pics later.
    Regards Yab.

yab
    ?

Hi.
    I have another one, same manufacturer, the hinge is a bit different? but the svaz. is quite similar.
    regards Yab.

Zerstorer abz.   Zerstorer abz.  

Zerstorer abz.   Zerstorer abz.  

Zerstorer abz.  

?

I think its a copy. The "bubbling" of the finish on the reverse just dosn't look right. (This feature has been copied)
    Pete

?

Zerstorer abz.Zerstorer abz.
    Hi. Here's mine, given to me by a friendly German family. Sadly, it looks as though somebody didn't like the hakenkreuz on there and broke most of it off. I probably saved this badge from more destruction and ruin.

?

What's the marking on the pin?

[QUOTE][/
    Hi. Here's mine, given to me by a friendly German family. Sadly, it looks as though somebody didn't like the hakenkreuz on there and broke most of it off. I probably saved this badge from more destruction and ruinQUOTE]

This is how alot of veterans retained their awards , the complete , partial removal or mutilation of the swastika signified de-nazifaction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast