Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)

Article about: Hello one and all , just a quick one on this JFS destroyer badge. This certainly looks a good original badge to me but what are your opinions on the "blueing"? I think it is probab

Default Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)

Hello one and all , just a quick one on this JFS destroyer badge. This certainly looks a good original badge to me but what are your opinions on the "blueing"? I think it is probably just looking a bit grey because of the use of a light box in photographing it , what are your thoughts chaps? I don't think it's been re-painted but your thoughts and opinions would be most appreciated, thanks in advance, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)
    P
    Many

Hi Leon,

i think you hit the nail on the head with your opinion and i see also no sign for re-finishing.....but are you changing the collecting field?

You know,this is not a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.....

For me a textbook badge mate.

Regards
    Joe

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Leon,

i think you hit the nail on the head with your opinion and i see also no sign for re-finishing.....but are you changing the collecting field?

You know,this is not a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen.....

For me a textbook badge mate.

Regards
    Joe
    Hi Joe , thanks for that , I am glad your thoughts are the same as mine! I am still looking at all those lovely Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen , just widening my collection a bit! Thanks mate ,Leon.

its a nice original badge.

Yes the Kriegsmarine is a nice collecting field.....but i miss the money to upgrade my collecting fields.To many variants,that i miss in my collection.

There is a damn good fake of this badge made by Staegmeir, but the general consensus says that, unusually, the strike is MORE detailed on the fake than on the original. Below is a genuine JFS Zerstorer on the left, and a fake Staegmeir on the right. Note the various differences in the details of the waves and superstructure. The reverse of the fake badge is almost perfect, so much so I think it's best left alone and would concentrate on the differences shown below. As i'm wont to say, the devil is in the detail.

On that reasoning, i'm with Joe, the badge shown is original imo.

Regards, Ned.

Zerstorer Kriegsabzeichen (JFS)

Photo courtesy of J.Robinson.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Leon have you won the lottery lately????.. because I can see these badges costing a few quid?? lol.... But they are really good looking so go for it.... You must a nice collection by now too??.. Keep them coming..& thanks for showing Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Leon have you won the lottery lately????.. because I can see these badges costing a few quid?? lol.... But they are really good looking so go for it.... You must a nice collection by now too??.. Keep them coming..& thanks for showing Cheers Terry.
    HaHa , nice one Terry , no I have not won the lottery but I have finished paying a bank loan so the "spare cash" is going on more intereting things!!
    Ned , thank you once again for that comparison , that fake is very very good but I can see what you mean about the detail to the waves. They appear much more "pronounced on the fake and slightly different in design. Leon.

?

Good on you...I'm waiting for this damn mortgage to go lol...Then watch this space!!!. Cheers Terry.

I think this is the same copy who was shown by Ned.....Militaria321.com - Auction - LOGIN

Is it Ned?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast