Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?

Article about: Hi guys, this destroyer war badge dealer has offered to me in exchange for air gunner/radio operator which i posted yesterday. It looks like genuine piece to me, i am almost sure about that,

Default Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?

Hi guys, this destroyer war badge dealer has offered to me in exchange for air gunner/radio operator which i posted yesterday. It looks like genuine piece to me, i am almost sure about that, but i'll be very happy to hear your opinions regardless that. Best regards, Franko.Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?
    P
    Many

If it is the same dealer that you bought the ROAG off Franko I would stop dealing with him.
    This is another Fake of the WH Destroyer badge.

This particular badge has undergone a few transformations in the past 8 or 9 years that it has been seen for sale.

I could go through the different modifications but suffice it to say the bulk of this reproduction badge has remained fairly constant.

If you made yourself familiar with the Hobacher badges you will see that they always have a nice gilt finish. The one you picture looks to have been freshly painted with matt gold lacquer.

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks Doug, yes it is the same dealer. I find one wilhelm hobachers destroyer war badge, and this looks like that, but it is not the same, but i asume it is original, and that differencies i consider as some variations in production during the war. But that colour of gilt was suspicious to me it really looks so fresh. Best regards, Franko.

Agree fake. My references show the reverse of this maker was also gilded. Pin is not correct, WH lettering off from originals. etc.etc.

I don't really know much about these badges - just learning...
    But when looking at others in the forum, the waves look too pointy. This has been picked up before by people as being indicative of a fake badge.
    Possibly this applies here?

@David - what is your reference? I'm looking to get the Sascha Weber book at some point (as soon as I have the funds).

nick

Hi Nick

Pics of the front were not discernible to me, I only went by the reverse...which is usually the "give-away" on most badges.

Yes, the S. Weber book I refer to

Franko,
    here are another couple of fakes from the same mould as your example.

One with a gilded reverse and just about the exact same set up as you showed above which is the later offering dating from around 2014 and below the example with the 'grey back' but having the hook mounted on to a circular plate dating from 2009.

So he does learn by his mistakes.

All the best
    Doug

Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?Zerstorer kriegsabzeichen original or not?

Anyone know what these above posted repros are even made of materially ? They are supposed to be zinc. Zinc badges have characteristics of being zinc. These look like a modern material or pot metal...but no similarities to zinc. That's sort of a big clue also

I forgot to mention that i just recently started to collect this heer, luftwaffe and kriegsmarine badges, and i got new very interesting offer, but without any book at this moment it is very hard for me to be sure about originality of any of this badges. So, i hope that i'll be not to boring if i post several new threads just to be sure what i am buying, and not to be fooled with some copies. Best regards, Franko

Hello Real Steel,
    I believe that the badges are made from zinc. It is not an expensive metal and it does produce the required surface finish required by the reproducers.

I did start a collection of buying myself a collection of the better quality reproduction badges but as you can see from above the collection would be bigger than Ben Hur with the amount of variations/ modifications that are coming on to the market these days.

I did have a few ingots of original nazi zinc that I kept to see how it aged. I only have the one now that was melted down from a conglomeration of late party badges.

Franko.
    Good solid research of your own will go a long way to increasing your knowledge but feel free to post away.

All the best
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast