Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class

Article about: It is silver. The Comprehensive Guide doesn't mention the content specifically but I'd assume the Soviet equivilent of .925. Certainly not a nickle silver or German silver.

Default 1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class

In 1985 it was decided to decorate all surviving Veterans of the Great Patriotic War with this Order in the 2nd class version.

As a result, these are still very common to find, but prices are very slowly starting to rise. Although these awards are serial numbered in the usual Soviet fashion, these are not researchable on their own.

Here in the UK they can be bought for £10/$20.

It is believed that the 1st class version 1985 issue was awarded to Veterans who already held the decoration in 2nd class? In the first class version, the finish to the "sunburst" is in gold.

These are a very attractive award and are a good cheap starter item for any Soviet awards collection. A 1985 issue peice can easily be identified by the raised lettering of the makers mark on the reverse. Production ran from 1984 until 1991. Serial numbers start at 985791 to run to approx 6715938.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class   1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class

Bringing this old thread back to the top, just so I can show you my latest example of this award which I have just purchased.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class   1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class  

Nice awards, Ade. Thanks for posting.

I don´t have one of these in my collection, but I´d rather save some money and get a wartime award instead.

In any case, you are right. It is the moment to buy soviet awards and medals that are cheap today, as the prices will surely go up in the future. I bought a relatively cheap wartime numbered order of the red star last year, the price for them has suffered a considerable raise in these last months. Same seems to be happening with GPW Guards badges.

Regards,

Gus

Hi Gus, I have still to get a wartime version of the award. Hopefully later this year I will.

If you have not shown your Order of the Red Star on the forum, please share it with us. I have just bought two this week.

Guards badges have gone up a lot over the last few years.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Gus, I have still to get a wartime version of the award. Hopefully later this year I will.

If you have not shown your Order of the Red Star on the forum, please share it with us. I have just bought two this week.

Guards badges have gone up a lot over the last few years.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade,

Here it is. I don´t have the camera with me at the moment, so I have scanned it. The number is 1,332,167. I think that makes it a 1945 issued award if I remember well (a wonderful web page with every bit of info about soviet awards has been down for some time, so I could not check back).

It is a simple, modest award, but it somehow attracts me a lot.

Regards,

Gus

Hi Gus, I love them too.

Nice example and one which does date from 1945

Cheers, Ade.

This is my first 1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class.

619577, 1985 issue in 1st Class. . .

As part of a larger grouping to M.G. Lunin, Sergeant, later Junior Lieutenant, and squad leader 897th Mountain Infantry Regiment, 242nd Rifle Division, 621192 in 1st Class complete with Award Card.1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class1985 issue Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class

sorry to revive an old thread, but can somebody tell me the metal content of these 1985 issue items? Are they SOLID .925 silver or just gilt? I know the 1st class is simply gold plating, but is the underlying metal silver and are the second class ones solid silver?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast