Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

25 years of victory badge fake?

Article about: Hi! This summer I've bought a Polish medal with this badge given to me for free as a "present". I'm not sure if it's fake or just some weird variation.Could you please tell me what

?

Default 25 years of victory badge fake?

Hi!
    This summer I've bought a Polish medal with this badge given to me for free as a "present".
    I'm not sure if it's fake or just some weird variation.Could you please tell me what I got my hands on?
    It's pretty roughed up by one of the previous owners.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 25 years of victory badge fake?
    P
    Many

This is a commemorative item that I would describe as "available to" rather than "awarded to" ( such as a decoration or campaign service medal) for surviving veterans of WWII in 1970. So as such it ranks with "souvenir" pieces and mint condition items are readily available for usually less than $5 US although I have seen them for the princely sum of $9.99!
    In this condition albeit apparently authentic (to fake it would cost more than it could be sold for I believe) it has value only as a curio. It is quite common for sellers in Eastern Europe to routinely add a "gift" to items sold and could perhaps be seen as traditional politeness or etiquette.

Just add it to general background to a display perhaps but don't be concerned about it either way.

What was the item it came with?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi Watchdog!
    Doesn't it seem little bit weird that the badge is silver plating?The hat that looks like napoleon's hat,the font of the letters,the weirdly small hammer sickle and also a flipped star?
    I've seen the photos of the one's on auctions and they look nothing like mine.
    It came with a PRL (PPR-Polish People's Republic) Restituta Polonia from 1944.

Regards

Jose

Quote by JoseJ View Post
    Hi Watchdog!
    Doesn't it seem little bit weird that the badge is silver plating?The hat that looks like napoleon's hat,the font of the letters,the weirdly small hammer sickle and also a flipped star?
    I've seen the photos of the one's on auctions and they look nothing like mine.
    It came with a PRL (PPR-Polish People's Republic) Restituta Polonia from 1944.
    Not at all. These were made by the bucket load over the period 1970 - 90 at least and in different factories thus accounting for minor differences in detail. The annodised finish which is what this is (silverplating is something quite different) varies greatly in shade and will fade over time.

As I say, it is very unlikely that fakes exist as the value of a mint piece is nugatory so you should not be concerned either way.

I found the piece below on the internet just a few minutes ago. It is very pale and quite similar to yours;

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

There exist at least 14 variations of this badge. It was originally designed as a medal, but was downgraded to a badge due to financial considerations.

Secondly, I would not call it a souvenir piece, because it was issued by Defence Ministry and was handed out with named paper certificate.
    The amount of issued pieces was quite large, true. Still not a souvenir.

25 years of victory badge fake?25 years of victory badge fake?25 years of victory badge fake?

Quote by Egorka View Post
    I would not call it a souvenir piece, because it was issued by Defence Ministry and was handed out with named paper certificate.
    The amount of issued pieces was quite large, true. Still not a souvenir.
    I stand corrected

Perhaps I should have said "commemorative". I simply meant it is not a personal distinction of achievement or campaign service.

Regards

Mark

Dom
    ?

Here is a manufacture in brass, hot enamel with its attribution booklet.

This is one of the least common versions

слава ветеранам!

[QUOTE=Dom;1896025]Here is a manufacture in brass, hot enamel with its attribution booklet./QUOTE]

That is interesting. I have never even seen a picture of one of those. I have seen many of the aluminium type here in the West but never a brass one. Can you specify a timeframe for the issue of these?

Thanks for showing

?

Wow!I didn't know there's so many variations.
    Thank you all for the informations!

Dom
    ?

[QUOTE=Watchdog;1896041]
    Quote by Dom View Post
    Here is a manufacture in brass, hot enamel with its attribution booklet./QUOTE]

That is interesting. I have never even seen a picture of one of those. I have seen many of the aluminium type here in the West but never a brass one. Can you specify a timeframe for the issue of these?

Thanks for showing
    Mark ,

Blue or green booklets with serial numbers are given to high-ranking military personnel and distinguished veterans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast