Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

30 years armed forces document help needed

Article about: Today I received this document together with a lot of Victory over Germany award documents. I now need some help trying to figure out where he served when receiving this medal of the 30 year

Default 30 years armed forces document help needed

Today I received this document together with a lot of Victory over Germany award documents. I now need some help trying to figure out where he served when receiving this medal of the 30 year anniversary of the Soviet Armed forces and Fleet. Initially I thought it is the 56th Clothing Supply Service but it is the Guards abbrevation that confuses me because I can't imagine a Clothing Supply Service having a Guards title.
    I also wonder if could be found out if and, if so, where he served during the Great Patriotic War?
    If he didn't serve at all during the GPW than this document is not really interesting for my collection.

Thanks in advance for any help or leads in the right direction!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 30 years armed forces document help needed
    P
    Many

The guy who send me the above document also showed me this Victory over Germany document which he still has at home. It does answer a few questions already. Michael Ivanovich Kochanov did serve in the GPW as a yefreitor in the 24th Infantry Division and from what it looks on this document he did get the Red Star awarded in May 1945. I do hope someone is able to tell me where he served when getting the 30 year anniversary medal?

The stamp appears to be that of the 56th Independent Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky Communications Battalion, 56-й Отдельный Ордена Богдана Хмельницкого Батальона Связи, and was written as abbreviation/acronym 56 ОБС on the 30th Anniversary Medal document.
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 08-18-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Private Mikhail Ivanovich Kochanov served as a radiotelegraphist, or wireless operator, for the 56th Independent Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky Communications Battalion, 24th Rifle "Berdichev Samar-Ulyanovsk" Twice Red Banner Order of Suvorov & Bogdan Khmelnisky "Iron" Division, during the "Patriotic War". It would appear he continued to serve afterwards as well as evidenced by his 30th Anniversary Medal document.

Here are the archival documents.

Prikaz, he is #57 on the second page.

Very cool title sheet for the Award List, Order 027/N. . .

Finally, here is his citation.

Last edited by Bill Garvy; 08-18-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Thank you very, very much once more Bill for your amazing help. It is very much appreciated!!

I really love it that with a simple document a persons life slowly unfolds and that history comes alive!