Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class

Article about: Hello, My kids think I am a dinosaur, because when I grew up we had no computer games and played outside. And they think I am a dinosaur, because I am interested in some irrelevant prehistor

?

Default 76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class

Hello,

My kids think I am a dinosaur, because when I grew up we had no computer games and played outside.
    And they think I am a dinosaur, because I am interested in some irrelevant prehistoric things like WW2 history.
    But guess what, the following is showing how those dire times are still relevant!

Order of Glory II class # 35690, bestowed on 21 May 1945, was handed to sergeant KOBROV ISLAN ISMATOVICH in 2016.
    The veteran, born 1925, was a 45mm AT gun crew leader, 1 rifle regiment, 99 fifle "Zhitomir" Red Banener division.
    The award is for forced crossing of Danube river some 20km South of Budapest.
    Citation:
    During forced crossing of Danube river on the night 4-5 December 1944, disregarding strong enemy fire resistance, Comrade KOBROV was one of the first to take his gun to the Western bank. He set up a firing position and opened fire at the enemy firing positions thus supporting the crossing rifle units. In this engagement, he destroyed 2 machine gun nests with their crews by direct fire.
    He is worthy of order "GLORY II CLASS".

The citation was signed on 20 January 1945. The final decree was signed 21 May 1945.
    The paperwork failed. Until 76 year later...
    One reason for that, was the fact that the veteran was transferred for studies and left the unit.

76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class
    76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 76 years - like yesterday: Oroder of Glory II class
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Wow! Great to see that he finally got the recognition he deserved! But it doesn't look like he was lacking any other awards
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice to see he finally got what he deserved after all those years and great that he got old enough to actually receive this award personally.