Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???

Article about: Hi, just got email w/pics from a seller here in the US that I have dealt with, and got a few good RGD33 pouches from. This is a pile of cap stars different sizes shapes etc. Some appear to b

Default BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???

Hi, just got email w/pics from a seller here in the US that I have dealt with, and got a few good RGD33 pouches from. This is a pile of cap stars different sizes shapes etc. Some appear to be WW2.

I have learned fairly well from reading posts here, and also have purchased a couple different style stars from Dimas. If you read this Dimas,
    Please some help here.

I would like to get a few, but want to make sure they are WW2. Some have large H&S, and I do not think they wartime. Some of these have the smaller H&S and are steel, which is probably wartime. I think the steel and tin, with smaller H&S would be good ones? but what about brass stars? Did they have all brass stars in wartime period?

I read your post Dimas back a bit ago about the M35 wartime stars being more rounded or curved, less flat than post war too.

Thanks for any help on these.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???   BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???  

BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???   BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???

Hi Steve, I read this post Second and third picture are good WW2 stars for me ( a cople of them are post war, but mostly good), but others unfortunately postwar examples, I have them a lot
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Dimas!! Thanks for taking a look. Very good, I thought those stars too, you tought me well I wanted another opinion on them.

Your Grandfather was a POW in the Russo- Japanese war time?
    I saw his picture. You should post more of your family military history. Did you see the Japanese POW mes kit/tin I posted pics of?? You might like it.

I think I am going to post some items, pics, correspondence from my family Military history. Father, Grandfather & my Uncle(shot down & killed over greece 1943. 2nd Lt, Navigator, USAAF, B-24). I have many personal items from all of them to share. It would be a way of remembering their service to their country. The Greatest generation.

What do you think about a post from the mods or?? to get All the members to share their Family Military histories with all the forum members?

It would be a good way of getting to know all the faceless members of the forum. Just a thought. What do you think?

Thanks again, Steve

Dom
    ?

Hi Steve,
    There is also this model, the hammer and the sickle are separated from the star.
    Geetings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???   BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???  

BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???  

I like the look (from behind) of №1 in the first image - I assume that №1 in the second image is the same star - prewar.

Also, №2 looks nice also...

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by Dom View Post
    Hi Steve,
    There is also this model, the hammer and the sickle are separated from the star.
    Geetings
    Hi Dom, yes, Thanks for the good pics. I missed bidding on one of these stars on ebay a while back. I think they are the pre war cap stars.
    I would like to find one for the collection. I will keep watching around.

Regards, Steve

Gentlemen,

What do you make of this star?

It seems be of the variation with the H&S being a separate piece which would make it a pre GPW period star, but it looks to have been soldered. Sadly no better photos available.

Is it good?

Regards,

Gus
    Attached Images Attached Images BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars???  BIG Pile of M35 Cap Stars- Are ANY WWII Stars??? 

It is A-OK Gus... I especially like the ones with the semi-orange enamel work.

No worries about the prongs, after it is affixed to your cap no one else will know the better...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It is A-OK Gus... I especially like the ones with the semi-orange enamel work.

No worries about the prongs, after it is affixed to your cap no one else will know the better...
    Richie,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I noticed the orange tone too, but thought it was due to the lighting of the photo.

Regards,

Gus

Gentlemen,

Here is a cap star that I just bought. It has a separate H&S and looks nice. I think this one is GPW period and will fit my ushanka perfectly!

Your comments are welcomed.

Regards,

Gus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast