Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd

Article about: Hi All, Hoping to get a second opinion on this Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd. To me the patina seems very heavy on the back and the center piece seems to have large gaps. Thanks in advance!

Default Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd

Hi All,

Hoping to get a second opinion on this Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd. To me the patina seems very heavy on the back and the center piece seems to have large gaps.

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd   Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd
    P
    Many

Let me first of all say I am not experienced with these orders. However, after comparing many tiny details to a few originals I know of, this one shown lacks many of the details which are clearly there on the originals. Some details even look very different.
    But as said, I am not experienced with these so I am looking forward to more experienced opinions.

?

It's a fake. Just compare Bogdan's face, club, headgear, uniform, etc., the edge of the central medallion, and the overall shape of the order with this neighbor (#1915).

It also seems they used the age-old trick of taking an original booklet (listing a Red Star) and adding a number of bogus entries, in this case the Bogdan, OPW2 and ORB. There's no reason why a wartime Red Star would have been entered first, and the wartime Bogdan and OPW2 and postwar Red Banner simultaneously at some later date.

Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd

Great, thank you!