Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bravery Medal numbering

Article about: Hi everyone, I have a question about the serial number on this Bravery Medal #418370. According to the mondvor narod site its serial number falls into the Type 1 Option 4 range, but the shap

?

Default Bravery Medal numbering

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the serial number on this Bravery Medal #418370. According to the mondvor narod site its serial number falls into the Type 1 Option 4 range, but the shape and spacing of the numbers looks like those from later versions. Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this?

Many thanks, David.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bravery Medal numbering   Bravery Medal numbering  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bravery Medal numbering
    P
    Many

Do you have a more close-up photo of the serial number?

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Do you have a more close-up photo of the serial number?
    Sorry Marcel I don't, the photos are from a dealers website.

David.

A pity. I would like to see what the 'white shade' is where the serial # is stamped.

?

A pity. I would like to see what the 'white shade' is where the serial # is stamped.
    I think it could be light reflected from a light source to the left of the medal.

I agree for the lighter part on the left bottom of the medal. I was referring to the light parts inbetween the stamping which appears not to come from a light source but could even be polishing for restamping a serial #. Therefor close-ups would show exactly what's goin on there.

?

I agree for the lighter part on the left bottom of the medal. I was referring to the light parts inbetween the stamping which appears not to come from a light source but could even be polishing for restamping a serial #. Therefor close-ups would show exactly what's goin on there.
    Thanks I'll get in touch and see if they can supply a close-up of the serial number.

?

Just received this close-up of the serial number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bravery Medal numbering  

I think it is a good one. It is restamped, you clearly can see traces of the 4, 8 and 3 underneath the new stamping. Have seen that on more medals/awards so it is not unusual.

?

I think it is a good one. It is restamped, you clearly can see traces of the 4, 8 and 3 underneath the new stamping. Have seen that on more medals/awards so it is not unusual.
    Thanks Marcel! So the digits may have been restamped if the original stamp wasn't strong enough?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast