Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought this nice grouping a couple of weeks ago from a fellow British forum member (Thanks Mike ) The group consists of two Bravery Medals and an Order of the Red Star. They were

Default Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group

Hi Guys, I bought this nice grouping a couple of weeks ago from a fellow British forum member (Thanks Mike )

The group consists of two Bravery Medals and an Order of the Red Star. They were awarded to a Ukrainian member of the RKKA, Kirill Ivanovich Ilyashenko. He joined the Red Army in September 1943. He was 41 years of age at the time. The medals are complete with award books.

Since buying the group, Auke has done some additional research for me. I can highly recommend his services.

I am very pleased with this group.

First off I will show his two Bravery Medals, award book and citation for the medal he won in 1945.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group   Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group  

Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group   Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group  

Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group   Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group

Here is his Order of the Red Star, award book (with 2nd Bravery Medal entry) and citation.

He was awarded the Red Star for attacking a German MG position in Pielgrzymowice in Southern Poland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group   Bravery Medals and Order of the Red Star group  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Record card

Order booklet nr. B-136259

1. Last name: Ilyashenko
    2. First name and patronymic: Kirill Ivanovich
    3. Military rank: Private
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1902
    6. Place of birth: City of Krolevets, Sumy Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Not a member
    8. Education: Elementary
    9. Nationality: Ukrainian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: From September 1943 through September 1945
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Rifleman in the 1142nd Rifle Regiment, 340th Rifle Division
    12. Current place of service and position: Farmer at a kolkhoz in the village of Dobrotovo, Krolevets Raion
    13. Home address of the awardee: 86 Kavalleriysky [Cavalry] Street, apartment 6, city of Voroshilov-Ussuriysky

14. Record of all awards received:

Name of the order or medal Serial number Number of the document Ground of award
    Medal for Courage 1527048 791394 Order of the 894th Rifle Regiment nr. 061/N of 13th December, 1943
    Medal for Courage 3094799 Z-237475 Order of the 1142nd Rifle Regiment nr. 037/N of 22nd May, 1945
    Order of the Red Star 1633027 Z-237416 Order of the 340th Rifle Division nr. 048/N of 7th July, 1945

Signature of the awardee: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Military commissar of the Krolevets Raion [Sumy Oblast]
    Major [signed] /Kiryan/
    25th December, 1946

Very Nice group. I would be more than happy to add it to my collection

Thanks Robin.

Cheers, Ade.

Dom
    ?

Very nice Ade , great addition to your collection