Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Campaign Medal Docs

Article about: Odessa document, for your consideration. I think there is a problem. 15 ribbons?

?

Default Campaign Medal Docs

Odessa document, for your consideration. I think there is a problem.
    15 ribbons?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Campaign Medal Docs   Campaign Medal Docs  

Campaign Medal Docs  
    Last edited by B618aa; 09-02-2016 at 01:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign Medal Docs
    P
    Many

I see no problem. It's a later variation, 15 ribbons and blank space after year of issue, e.g. 19__. First variation had 11 ribbons and year of issue printed so, "194_".

Issued to Gavriil Nikandrovich Potulov on October 30th, 1951 by the Commander of the 21st "ACO" Black Sea Fleet, Engineering Major Pavlov. I regret I am not familiar with the "ACO" acronym. The stamp is illegible to my eye.

"ACO"

21 ACO ( Aварийно -Cпасательный Oтряд ) ЧФ - 21st Emergency and Rescue Squad, Black Sea Fleet.

There were, and please correct me if I am wrong, two variations of the Defense of Odessa document, variation 1 with 11 ribbons, variation 2 with 15. I don't know the exact date when the transition from variation 1 to variation 2 occurred, so the document with 15 ribbons may not have been printed until 1956, but the awarding may have, in fact, occurred in 1951, which your document retroactively reflects.

Documents group of Guards Petty Officer, 1st Class, Dmitriy Andreyevich Kotelenets (South Bow)

Campaign Medal Docs
    Document for the Medal Defense of Odessa dated July 11th, 1943 by the Commander of Guards Cruiser “Red Caucasus”, Black Sea Fleet (Гвардейская Крейсер "Красный Кавказ", ЧФ, Черноморский флот), Captain, 2nd grade, V. Eroshenko, Serial #N02492

Campaign Medal Docs
    Document for the Medal Defense of Sevastopol dated July 25th, 1943 by the Commander of Guards Cruiser “Red Caucasus”, Black Sea Fleet (Гвардейская Крейсер "Красный Кавказ", ЧФ, Черноморский флот), Captain, 2nd grade, V. Eroshenko, Serial #Zh18087

Campaign Medal Docs
    Document for the Medal Defense of the Caucasus dated February 11th, 1945 by the Commander of Guards Cruiser “Red Caucasus”, Black Sea Fleet (Гвардейская Крейсер "Красный Кавказ", ЧФ, Черноморский флот), Captain, 2nd grade, V. Eroshenko, Serial #M031975

Campaign Medal Docs Campaign Medal Docs Campaign Medal Docs
    Archival documents for the Defense of Odessa Medal, #99, page 2

Documents group of Guards Petty Officer Petr Arkad’yevich Semistrok

Campaign Medal Docs
    Document for the Medal Defense of the Caucasus dated May 22nd, 1945 by the Commander of the 384th Independent “Nikolaev” Red Banner Marine Battalion, Black Sea Fleet, (384 ОНКБМП ЧФ, 384 Отдельного Николаевскому Краснознаменному Батальону Морской Пехоты), Lieutenant-Colonel Kotanov, Serial #R023854

Campaign Medal Docs
    Document for the Medal Defense of Sevastopol dated January 6th, 1946 by the Commander of the 384th Independent “Nikolaev” Red Banner Marine Battalion, Black Sea Fleet, (384 ОНКБМП ЧФ, 384 Отдельного Николаевскому Краснознаменному Батальону Морской Пехоты), Senior Lieutenant L. Mikhaplovskiy, Serial #Zh37101

Campaign Medal Docs Campaign Medal Docs Campaign Medal Docs
    Archival documents for the Defense of Caucasus Medal, #150, page 2