MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Campaign Medal Docs

Article about: in 1951 the seal of the USSR had 16 ribbons.....this was issued in 1951. USSR did not have 15 ribbons until 1956. Are you sure then it is okay with 1951? I don't think this version exist in

?

Default Campaign Medal Docs

in 1951 the seal of the USSR had 16 ribbons.....this was issued in 1951.
    USSR did not have 15 ribbons until 1956.

Are you sure then it is okay with 1951? I don't think this version exist in 1951.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign Medal Docs
    P
    Many

Yes, I am sure.

Document for the Medal Defense of Odessa issued to Aleksey Alekseyevich Nedoluzhko dated February 21st, 1975 by the Orzhitskiy Regional Military Commissariat, Poltava Oblast, Major Samofalov, Serial #N002303.

Campaign Medal Docs

Note: 15 ribbons on both the printed and stamped seal.

?

I understand there were two types, but why would there be a 15 ribbon award in 1951? Yours is 1975, clearly the seal of the USSR had 15 ribbons at this point, but it didn't in 1951 it had 16. So the paper had to be after 1956 (when they went to 15 ribbons)......but it is dated 1951? I'm still confused.

Date on paper = 1951 Soviet union seal was 16 ribbons at this point and had not in history been 15.
    it went from 6 to 11 to 16 then in 1956 it went to 15....
    So something here doesn't match. help me to understand.
    When I look at ОÐ*ДЕНА И МЕДАЛИ СССÐ* they have versions from this period with either the 'correct' number of ribbons or the prior seal.

Here is an example from the site from the early 1950s....it has instead the wartime number of ribbons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Campaign Medal Docs  

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    There were, and please correct me if I am wrong, two variations of the Defense of Odessa document, variation 1 with 11 ribbons, variation 2 with 15. I don't know the exact date when the transition from variation 1 to variation 2 occurred, so the document with 15 ribbons may not have been printed until 1956, but the awarding may have, in fact, occurred in 1951, which your document retroactively reflects.
    Okay well we know the seal of the USSR changed in 1956, so you think they back dated the award? Seems odd. Are there other examples of this? I guess I'm concerned that someone used a type 2 to try to create an old doc, not catching that the number of ribbons didn't match the date.

Yes, I do think your document was retroactively dated, and yes, I believe there are other examples of this. In my opinion, and based on your photographs, your document is genuine and not a forgery.

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Yes, I do think your document was retroactively dated, and yes, I believe there are other examples of this. In my opinion, and based on your photographs, your document is genuine and not a forgery.
    Thanks, It came with a large group of items.....and I believe that the Sevastapol medal that was in the group is not genuine while I think most of the rest are....so my default is well...to find fault with them.

You wouldn't have thoughts on the odessa medal would you? :-)

Document for the Medal Defense of Sevastopol issued to Guards Senior Technical Lieutenant Ivan Mikhailovich Dunin dated August 10th, 1943 by the Commander of the 6th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment, Lieutenant-Colonel & Hero of the Soviet Union (#858), Mikhail Vasil’yevich Avdeev, Serial #Zh14438, with archival documents. He is #39 at the bottom of the second page: note the number of the document matches the number on the archival document.

Cursory research reveals he was also awarded a Combat Service Medal as well Medals for Defense of the Caucasus and Defense of Odessa, which, sadly, are missing; a really nice "South Bow" set.

Campaign Medal Docs Campaign Medal Docs

Campaign Medal Docs Campaign Medal Docs

Document for the Medal Liberation of Belgrade issued to Corporal Tikhov Petrovich Zavgorodniy dated November 4th, 1945 by the Commander of the 15th Order of the Red Star Automobile Regiment, Lieutenant-Colonel Makoveev, Serial #A010478.

Campaign Medal Docs

Hello, Bill
    Very small rectification:
    Tikhon Petrovich Zavgorodniy