Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Campaign medal documents

Article about: Document for the Medal for Victory over Germany issued to Guards Junior Lieutenant Vladimir Yefimovich Yevtushek on February 18th, 1947 and signed by the Commander and Hero of the Soviet Uni

Document and archival documents for the Medal Defense of Odessa issued to Senior Technical Lieutenant Konstantin Petrovich Mishin, Technical Equipment Technician, dated July 25th, 1943 by the Chief of the Rear Area, Home Naval Base (Sevastopol), Black Sea Fleet (Управлению Тыла ГВМБ ЧФ, Главная Военно–Морская База, Черноморский флот), Lieutenant-Colonel (Engineering Services) Emel’yanov, Serial #M11347.

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

Document for the Medal Defense of the Caucasus issued to Guards Captain (Engineer) Aleksandr Mikhailovich Alekseev, Engineer for Special Equipment & Communications, 247th Fighter Aviation Regiment, 5th Air Army, dated July 31st, 1945 by the Commander of the 1st Guards Air Assault Aviation Kirovograd-Berlin Red Banner Order of Suvorov and Kutuzov Corps (1-й Гвардейский Штурмовой Авиационный Кировоградско-Берлинский Краснознаменный Орденов Суворова и Кутузова Корпус), Guards Lieutenant-General (Aviation) and Twice Hero of the Soviet Union (#1467 & #4812), Vasiliy Georgievich Ryazanov, Serial #Kh005999.

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

Last edited by Bill Garvy; 01-07-2018 at 04:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign medal documents
    P
    Many

?

I would like to share these two documents (Victory medal and Prague liberation medal) for Guards Major BESKORVAINY PAVEL IVANOVICH, 1915.
    The veteran served in 108 Guards mortar battalion, 36 Guards Mortar regiment. I think from the very start, when the battalion was formed in December 1941 and was engaged at Volkhov front the same month.

Interesting thing is that he was awarded Aleksander Nevsky order in April 1944 when he was a Captain and commanded the very same 108 Guards mortar battalion.
    "Guards mortars" are popularly better known as "Katusha" rocket launchers.

Campaign medal documents

My latest addition, a Victory over Japan document awarded to NADEGDA KRIVOSHAPKO, a female aviator in the 442nd Bomber Aviation Regiment flying with the Ilyushin Il-4 bomberplane.

And the Ilyushin Il-4 with which the 442 Bomber Aviation Regiment flew in 1945 and 1946.

My only contribution to this excellent thread. Defence of the Caucasus

Awarded to Mariya Andreevna Sokirkina on November 7th, 1944 by the Commander of the 734th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment (734-й Зенитно Артиллерийского Полк)
    Thanks to Bill Garvy for the translation

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Campaign medal documents  

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    My latest addition, a Victory over Japan document awarded to NADEGDA KRIVOSHAPKO, a female aviator in the 442nd Bomber Aviation Regiment flying with the Ilyushin Il-4 bomberplane.
    hello, when you say "aviator", you mean a pilot or a flying personnel?
    I am not sure about it?

Aviator in my opinion is all involved in flying missions, so both pilots as well as aircrew.
    I have to be honest and say I didn't do more research yet so I don't know her exact rank and role within the aircrew.

?

I just mean she could had been a secretary in the regiment HQ.
    With the information available it is difficult to imply she she was participating in flying missions.

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Engineer for Special Equipment & Communications, 247th Fighter Aviation Regiment...
    I beleive, "special equipment" in this context means ciphering equipment.

My latest addition, a nice Victory over Germany document awarded to Guards Red Army soldier Ivan Dimitryevich Tatarinov. Ivan was born in Komkino in 1925. He joined the Red Army in 1943 and served at the 107 Guards Tankdestroyer Division. During the war Ivan was awarded the Medal for Bravery in april '45 and the Order of Glory 3rd class during the last days of the war plus the Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd class in 1985. Unfortunately I am not able to read what exactly he did to get these awards.

All in all another very nice addition to the collection.

Edit: wrongly quoted. My apologies.

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast