Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast

Campaign medal documents

Article about: Document for the Medal for Victory over Germany issued to Guards Junior Lieutenant Vladimir Yefimovich Yevtushek on February 18th, 1947 and signed by the Commander and Hero of the Soviet Uni

Document for the Capture of Königsberg medal, awarded to Guards Sergeant Aleksey Petrovich Merniy, dated January 20 1946, by the commander of the 76th Guards Mortar Znamenka Aleksander Nevsky Regiment Guards Lieutenant Colonel Ysov, document # A No 181755.

With this one I really could use some help. I am uncertain if I translated the surnames correct and the same goes for the unit. I feel I made some progress with deciphering these documents but some documents still make my brain hurt haha
    So all help would be very much appreciated!!!

Campaign medal documents

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign medal documents
    P
    Many

Guards Sergeant Aleksei Petrovich Cherny (Алексей Петрович Черный), born 1925, of the 76th Guards Mortar Znamensky Order of the Alexander Nevsky Regiment (76-й Гвардейском Минометному Знаменскому Ордена Александр Невского Полку) was Senior Platoon Telephone Operator of the Regiment. According to the archive he was awarded a Bravery Medal, Victory over Germany Medal, and a 1985 Order of the Patriotic War in 1st Class.

Campaign medal documents

Thanks a lot Bill, the corrections are very much appreciated!! Interesting to see also which awards he received during his service.

?

FYI, this seems a bit tangential, but with the fantastic Docs you all show (and the volume of them too!) I thought this might be of interest
    I use these top holders in 5x7 for the folded docs, and the larger ones for Stalingrad/Leningrad/Caucuses/Odessa/Sevastopol.
    They are rigid. And since 5x7 is a popular photosize, you can get nice looking boxes that will hold 200 of them. As they don't fold, you don't have to worry about adding folds or marks to the document and you can readily handle them in the holder. Bezos has them readily available in bulk.
    Campaign medal documentsCampaign medal documents

I use similar ones for my Leningrad/Stalingrad/Caucasus documents. The other documents I have all in seperate A6 size folders but unfortunately I have to take them out to read them so these what you show here are a great solution. Will check for those. Thanks for the tip!!

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I use similar ones for my Leningrad/Stalingrad/Caucasus documents. The other documents I have all in seperate A6 size folders but unfortunately I have to take them out to read them so these what you show here are a great solution. Will check for those. Thanks for the tip!!
    The larger ones are also good for 'Thank You' documents, temporary award certificates, etc.

?

Good evening,

I would like to share with you my Victory over Japan document. I bought it as a set together with the medal.
    I would also like to ask for some help, because the handwriting gives me some troubles to decipher this. I'm still learning to get the hang of the Cyrillic writing. The unit on the document is giving me a hard time too. To me it looks like it is ammcn or amm.cn, I can't find anything on this abbreviation, so I must be reading it wrong.
    I am gratefull for the help I can get.

Enjoy the photos.

(click to enlarge)
    Campaign medal documents
    Campaign medal documents
    Campaign medal documents

Regards, Rik

I think the name is Nikolay Yakovlevich Shtan. Unfortunately I can't help with the unit. It really puzzles me.

?

I think the name is Nikolay Yakovlevich Shtan. Unfortunately I can't help with the unit. It really puzzles me.
    Thanks for the help with the name. This will help me in the right direction.

?

is the name Штых?
    maybe the unit is 203 автомобильный автотранспортный полк ???
    Last edited by B618aa; 05-22-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast