Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Campaign medal documents

Article about: Document for the Medal for Victory over Germany issued to Guards Junior Lieutenant Vladimir Yefimovich Yevtushek on February 18th, 1947 and signed by the Commander and Hero of the Soviet Uni

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I think the name is Nikolay Yakovlevich Shtan. Unfortunately I can't help with the unit. It really puzzles me.
    Maybe the unit is 203 автомобильный, автотранспортный ???
    also might the name be Штых ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign medal documents
    P
    Many

Quote by B618aa View Post
    Maybe the unit is 203 автомобильный, автотранспортный ???
    also might the name be Штых ?
    Could be Shtich as well indeed. I am still learning with Cyrilic

?

I am going to have a closer look at the document and name later today. Thank you both for your help, I really appreciate it.

Sometimes the stamp can help decipher the unit's designation, but I am afraid the stamp is quite illegible. What appears to be written is "203 аттсп". The only word I can make out on the stamp is "brigade" or "Бригады". Regardless, I suspect this Штых Николай Яковлевич may be person, however the link to any documentation for his Bravery Medal is dead. It would appear the archive is still a work in progress.

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Sometimes the stamp can help decipher the unit's designation, but I am afraid the stamp is quite illegible. What appears to be written is "203 аттсп". The only word I can make out on the stamp is "brigade" or "Бригады". Regardless, I suspect this Штых Николай Яковлевич may be person, however the link to any documentation for his Bravery Medal is dead. It would appear the archive is still a work in progress.
    Thank you very much for your help Bill. Looks interesting and I am curious if more information will be found and added in the archive.

Regards, Rik

?

Oddly I think the have a 'card' for the same person twice??? It is hard to say, the award date for this one is 43-44? but yours is 45?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Campaign medal documents  

Same name, same year of birth, but, in my opinion, different persons.

Campaign medal documents

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Same name, same year of birth, but, in my opinion, different persons.

Campaign medal documents

More than that, they have the same year of enlistment as well as the same location of enlistment no? They give the rank as the rank at the time of the awarding I believe and the earlier one is for 'a red army man' and the later award is for a 'private' What am I missing that they are different people? How did you get just those three results?
    I've convinced myself the citations are different.....

Starts to be very interesting. Looking forward to read where it leads to.

I obtained the three entries by refining the search by entering his name and year of birth.

Born 1919 in the village of Lebyaze, Chuguevsky District, Kharkov Region, Ukraine. Enlisted Krasnozavodsky RVK (Regional Military Commissariat), Ukrainian SSR, Kharkov, Krasnozavodsky District.

You're right. I stand corrected. From the record it would appear he was awarded a Bravery Medal in 1945. The citation is dated November 5th, 1944, for "feats" March 9th, 1943, August 13th & 14th, 1944. The decree (Указ) is dated October 29th, 1945. He was also awarded the 1985 Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast