Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chernobyl liquidators medal.

Article about: This original Chernobyl liquidators medal was issued to all civil and military(?) members who served as liquidators in the cleanup following the Chernobyl nuclear power station disaster in P

Default Chernobyl liquidators medal.

This original Chernobyl liquidators medal was issued to all civil and military(?) members who served as liquidators in the cleanup following the Chernobyl nuclear power station disaster in Pripyat, Ukraine SSR in 1986. Around 600,000 people were apart of the cleanup efforts, around 60,000 (10%) liquidators lost their lives as a result.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chernobyl liquidators medal.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chernobyl liquidators medal.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

While I do not collect in this area it is an interesting piece! Thanks for showing.

Any idea what the design symbolizes?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The design MAP shows Gamma , alpha and beta radiation being shot over a droplet of blood. The blood drop probably means sacrifice or something

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    The design MAP shows Gamma , alpha and beta radiation being shot over a droplet of blood. The blood drop probably means sacrifice or something
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head, the drop of blood is the sacrifice and losses incurred as a result of the disaster.

I believe there is also a badge type:
    Chernobyl liquidators - Wikipedia

Anyone have one in their collection they could post?

?

I have a similar one from 1988. Raul

?

Hello, this is how it looks like, I don’t have it in my house, it’s at my grandfathers house, ( he is a Chernobyl veteran was there in 1988 ) but here is how it looks like

Quote by Raul View Post
    Hello, this is how it looks like, I don’t have it in my house, it’s at my grandfathers house, ( he is a Chernobyl veteran was there in 1988 ) but here is how it looks like

That's very nice, i like how it has a similar design, i wonder what the different variations of this award symbolize, i've seen some to commemorate the anniversary of the disaster as well.

I wonder if the liquidator medal is somehow less official or something... It's not included in the Comprehensive Guide by McDaniel, it's not on the big awards list page on Wiki (not that that says anything but still).

Nice badge Raul, first time I've seen that variant.

?

Well it isn’t really a “award”, it’s more of a badge. It is official, but not a award . Raul. iN cOmUnIsT lAtViA cOw EaT yOu.

EDIT. I forgot to also say that the pin is much rarer than the liquidators medal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast