Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Defence of Moscow Medal and Guards Badge.Opinions?

Article about: Two "strawberry" pattern variations from my collection; I don't have a scan of an plain background variation at the moment.

Default Defence of Moscow Medal and Guards Badge.Opinions?

Gday all,
    My two latest Soviet awards.
    Defence of Moscow Medal.
    Soviet Guards Badge.
    The Guards badge appears to have the usual damage associated with being combat worn (cracked enamel,chipping on the high points but is hard to see in these images sorry).
    As I am quite new to Soviet awards I would appreciate any comments or opinions on these two pieces.

Defence of Moscow Medal and Guards Badge.Opinions?Defence of Moscow Medal and Guards Badge.Opinions?

Cheers and all the best
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Defence of Moscow Medal and Guards Badge.Opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Defence of Moscow Medal and Guards Badge.Opinions?

Hiya Dave,

Nice badge and medal. I am just starting in soviet stuff as well so I will give you what I know. The gaurds badge is post war I believe but looks good. The Moscow medal looks good with its brass hanger but I have never seen a ribbon with the dotted lone in the centre white stripe, plus the ribbon is folded the wrong way, so I would say replaced ribbon

Cheers
    Jason

I concur, post war Guard's Badge, and replaced ribbon on the suspension of the Defense of Moscow medal. Not sure, but I think the screw plate for the Guard's Badge is also not matched.

Thanks guy's for your comments most appreciated.
    If I could ask, with the Guards Badges how do you distinguish between the WW2 and post war variants.
    Cheers.
    Dave

?

I agree on the medals. If you guys want period WW2 medals, in know a good honest USSR medal/awards collector here in Moscow. I have sold a few to forum members earlier. Just saying If interested send me a PM.

Regards, Lars

Dom
    ?

Hi,

Guard's badge is a Victory factory manufacturing in the 80' s , screw plate is correct for this one .

Dave, the best way to distinguish the guards badge is on post war made items there is tassels under the flag, ww2 version there is not.

Datrus, I will keep that in mind, when I have some spare cash I might hit you up for a guards badge and an order of glory 3rd class

Cheers
    Jason

Quote by Dom View Post
    Guard's badge is a Victory factory manufacturing in the 80's, screw plate is correct for this one.
    Thanks, Dom. I did not know that. . .

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I agree on the medals. If you guys want period WW2 medals, in know a good honest USSR medal/awards collector here in Moscow. I have sold a few to forum members earlier. Just saying If interested send me a PM.

Regards, Lars
    With all due respect, Lars, isn't exporting orders and medals from the former Soviet Union illegal? Just wondering; don't want to get you into trouble, ahem. . .

?

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Dave, the best way to distinguish the guards badge is on post war made items there is tassels under the flag, ww2 version there is not.
    Actually, there are a few wartime variations with this fringe; the best way to distinguish wartime badges is the pattern underneath the red enamel. Wartime variations have either a smooth, plain blackground or a strawberry pattern. All postwar badges have the wavy style as shown above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast