Defense of the Soviet Artic
From the The Soviet Military Awards Page, "Established December 5th, 1944, also known as the "Defense of the Soviet Transpolar Region" and "Defense of Polar Region" medal was awarded to all servicemen of the Soviet Army, Navy, Ministry of Internal Affairs, and civilians who took part in the defense of the Soviet Arctic. Beginning June 29th, 1941, German and Finnish troops started an offensive move towards Murmansk. Towards the end of July, enemy troops moved 30 km into Soviet territory, but were met with resistance by the Soviet Army, North Soviet Navy, and Partisans. Enemy troops were stopped in the harsh arctic environment long enough for the Soviet forces to begin a counter-offensive. It is made of brass. Approximately 350,000 were issued."
- Document for the Medal and Medal for the Defense of the Soviet Arctic awarded to Medical Service Senior Sergeant Polina Dmitrievna Leushchina(?) on June 10th, 1945 by the Chief Surgeon, Mobile Field Hospital #732, Medical Service Major Mitushin, Serial #V045110.
- Document for the Medal for the Defense of the Soviet Arctic awarded to Captain Mikhail Tikhonovich Markov on March 6th, 1947 and signed by the Regional Military Commissar of the Central Raion of the city of Nikolayev, Lieutenant Colonel Suchilin, Serial #ZH010747.
- Document for the Medal for the Defense of the Soviet Arctic awarded to Sergeant Vasily Kirillovich Bobylyov on May 29th, 1945 and signed by the Commandant of the 2nd Chudovo Fortified District, Colonel Rossiychenko, Serial #V038729.
Last edited by Bill Garvy; 06-18-2013 at 08:48 PM.
06-18-2013 03:19 PM
Re: Defense of the Soviet Artic
- Document for Defense of the Polar Region awarded to Simeon Efimovich Kashinsky issued April 14th, 1946 and signed by the Commander of the 1st Independent Airfield Engineer Battalion, 3rd Aviation Corps[?], Captain Karnoushenko, Serial #E037728.
- Document for the Medal for the Defense of the Soviet Arctic awarded to Guards Captain Pyotr Pavlovich Gulyayev issued March 28th, 1945 by the commander of the 17th Guards Ground-Attack Aviation Regiment, Guards Major Statkevich, Serial #A047712.
Document for the Medal for the Defense of the Soviet Arctic awarded to Anastasiya Mikhailovna Golubeva on November 6th, 1945 by the Chief of the Northern Fleet Ship Repair Facility Engineer-Captain Grishchenko, Serial #E001984.