Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Guards badge

Article about: Hi guys, last year i got this badge that seems to be of the more rounded, early type i read about in Mr. Rio's book, am i correct? Can someone please explain what is above Moscow on the back

?

Default Guards badge

Hi guys,

last year i got this badge that seems to be of the more rounded, early type i read about in Mr. Rio's book, am i correct? Can someone please explain what is above Moscow on the back of the screwplate?

Kind regards, Oli

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Guards badge
    P
    Many

?

"Z-d Pobeda", or "Pobeda Factory", the most common manufacturer of Guards Badges.

?

Bedankt Auke!

Nice badge! I own one from the same factory as well.

?

Thanks Aleks, were there many makers of Guards badges or rather a few big ones?

Regards, Oli

Quote by Oli4 View Post
    Thanks Aleks, were there many makers of Guards badges or rather a few big ones?

Regards, Oli
    In my opinion, many. One of the most rare and expensive ones is the one made in Estonia by Metallimärk.

I can recommend a good book on the Guards badge, Russian print, but with an English translation via a PDF file.

Untitled Document

Written by a forum member and post was super quick.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Aleks and Ade, i've seen loads of books on German awards but hardly any on Russian unfortunatly ( nice site also!).

Regards, Oli

Quote by Oli4 View Post
    Thanks Aleks and Ade, i've seen loads of books on German awards but hardly any on Russian unfortunatly ( nice site also!).

Regards, Oli
    Most of the reference books on Soviet militaria are in Russian and they have quite a lot of them. Of course they are in Russian, but the photos usually are the biggest help and small segments of text or captions can be translated pretty well.

?

Yes, looking for books in English is indeed very limiting given there is such a wealth of knowledge around in Russian books. Will keep it in mind, thanks for the advice Aleks!

Regards, Oli

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast