Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Guards badge "Handmade"

Article about: Hi , Here is a Guards badge , probably handmade . It is painted and made ​​into a kind of brass , three hole for fixing . 46x36 mm, Someone has already seen similar cases ?? Than

Default Re: Guards badge "Handmade"

Hi - I'm a new member, with a particular interest in cap badges. I'm completely ignorant on the subject though. I see that this thread is about a handmade badge, which interests me. Is this common? If there is a special sub group I should join to learn more, please give me a heads-up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Quote by Fil Stewart View Post
    Hi - I see that this thread is about a handmade badge, which interests me. Is this common? If there is a special sub group I should join to learn more, please give me a heads-up.
    Hi ,

No it is not common, a thread on the Guards badge

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...ds-badge-5639/

?

Quote by Fil Stewart View Post
    Hi - I'm a new member, with a particular interest in cap badges. .
    If you're into Soviet cap badges you're in the right place. There's a gent here who has extensive experience with them.

?

Quote by Dom View Post
    Hi ,

Here is a Guards badge , probably handmade . It is painted and made ​​into a kind of brass , three hole for fixing .
    46x36 mm,

Someone has already seen similar cases ??

Attachment 470010Attachment 470011

Thanks
    Never seen anything like it. It does seem similar to Occupation Forces (of Germany) badges I've seen.
    But why make it? Guards Badges are a dime a dozen. Even for cinema one would think they could aquire real ones for their production.
    This looks 60s, to me, plus or minus 10 years. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to have this made. But why, after all that work not have "GUARDS" on the banner??????
    Strange beast. If I were a Guard's Badge collector I'd like it, for a reasonable price.

Dom
    ?

Hi Eric

I do not much believe in badges for the cinema, for the simple reason that other examples would probably be available and for the reason that you mention
    Guards word may be written in white on red and disappeared over time or can not be written . Azad think a person has lost the original and made ​​this one
    In the 60s the fringes are present and the banner is not smooth

Quote by ericfg View Post
    Never seen anything like it. It does seem similar to Occupation Forces (of Germany) badges I've seen.
    Some examples please ??

Very interesting specimen Dom... Personally speaking, I like it. I think all explanations are plausible. It could be a field made replacement, certainly what I would desire it to be. It could be early cinema. In the 1950's, Guards badges were not a dime a dozen or likely loaned out by the state for cinema. However, I think that if it were a cinema costume piece, it would look more regular and be die stamped... and "Guards" would not be missing..

The irregularities in the shape of the star make me think this piece is truly hand made. The text is probably missing because the maker never got around to finishing it. Then, painted "as is" due to a need to wear or for Dembel. Very interesting and probably unique piece.

Dom
    ?

Thanks Mike,

probably we will never know the end of the story but I like the design of this badge .

?

Quote by Dom View Post
    Hi Eric, Some examples please ??
    Somewhat similar, in that it's hand-made. Not really related though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ofG badge.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	471361  

Dom
    ?

Quote by ericfg View Post
    Somewhat similar, in that it's hand-made. Not really related though.
    Yes, because the status is different

Thanks Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12