Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed translating a valiant labor grouping

Article about: Hi everyone Thanks for the awsome responses on the medals I showed off already. I was looking through some of my stuff and came across this mini grouping. I was wondering if someone could he

Default Help needed translating a valiant labor grouping

Hi everyone
    Thanks for the awsome responses on the medals I showed off already.
    I was looking through some of my stuff and came across this mini grouping. I was wondering if someone could help me translate it and what does this booklet mean
    All responses greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed translating a valiant labor grouping
    P
    Many

I cleaned up and repositioned your photographs a bit; trust you don't object. Cursive Cyrillic is tough, as if learning Russian at my age isn't already tough enough, ahem. That being said I can say a little about what I can decipher from your documents set.

They are all issued to the same person, Yemel'yan Nikitovich Bereznyak (Емельяи Никитович Березияк). You have medals and documents for his Labor Victory, or Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War, issued May 11th, 1946, and a 20th Anniversary of Victory for the Labor Front issued February 27th, 1946. (There were two variations of the 20th Anniversary document, one for the Labor Front, which you have here, and another issued to Combatants, each being fairly common.) You also have a cap star.

The third document is his Identification Book, #197722, dated March 17th, 1948 by his local, or regional, commissariat, as I understand it similar to a draft board in my country. It should contain pertinent data regarding his duties during the war. You're lucky this document contains his photograph! Regarding the issuing bodies for the medal documents and signatures, I'm afraid you are going to have to wait for a more experienced translation by one of the other forum members more fluent in Russian.

Nice grouping!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed translating a valiant labor grouping   Help needed translating a valiant labor grouping  

I took some more photos of the inside of anyone is interested

?

Just some little corrections:

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    I cleaned up and repositioned your photographs a bit; trust you don't object. Cursive Cyrillic is tough, as if learning Russian at my age isn't already tough enough, ahem. That being said I can say a little about what I can decipher from your documents set.

They are all issued to the same person, Yemel'yan Nikitovich Bereznyak (Емельян Никитович Березняк). You have medals and documents for his Labor Victory, or Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War, issued May 11th, 1946, and a 30th Anniversary of Victory for the Labor Front issued February 27th, 1976. (There were two variations of the 30th Anniversary document, one for the Labor Front, which you have here, and another issued to Combatants, each being fairly common.) You also have a cap star.

The third document is his military ID, #197722, dated March 17th, 1948 by his local, or regional (issued in Krasnoyarsk), commissariat, as I understand it similar to a draft board in my country. It should contain pertinent data regarding his duties during the war. You're lucky this document contains his photograph! Regarding the issuing bodies for the medal documents and signatures, I'm afraid you are going to have to wait for a more experienced translation by one of the other forum members more fluent in Russian.

Nice grouping!