Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID Russian paratrooper badge

Article about: Hi guys, i need some help to correctly id a russian badge. I am asking for a friend who showed the badge to me today, there are no pictures but i will attempt to describe as fully as i can.

?

Default ID Russian paratrooper badge

Hi guys, i need some help to correctly id a russian badge. I am asking for a friend who showed the badge to me today, there are no pictures but i will attempt to describe as fully as i can. This is a screw back badge in the shape of a parachute with white enamel canopy on a deep blue enamel background. above the canopy there is a red russian star with hammer and sickle. The rigging lines are in gold relief leading down to the parachutist, also in gold. near the edge of the canopy there is an aircraft in gold across the rigging lines. Below the para figure there is a small lozenge shaped triangle, on the obverse there is the number 1, the reverse has the number 2, on the reverse of the badge there is a small raised star and also on the screw back, this badge is in mint condition re enamel and gold reliefs, my friend was told that it was a ww2 badge, it was given to him by a russian officer who statedthat it was his fathers.Can anyone help to id , thankyou, dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID Russian paratrooper badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: ID Russian paratrooper badge

hi dave sounds like a soviet paras qualification badge the triangle represents the amount of jumps also you get numbers on the badge representing more jumps ie 10,20 30, etc also sounds post war to me but would be easier with a photo kind regards duncan

It will be a post war badge. Wartime ones did not have numbered pendants.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thankyou for the prompt replies Duncan and Ade, my friend will be well pleased to finally know whats what.