Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Last "Medal for Bravery" issued two days ago ??

Article about: Hello friends Two days ago (22-2-2013) I saw in the news of a Russian Channel that President V. Putin presented medals to outstanding Russian citizens. Among them I saw a young girl Zalina A

?

Default The Last "Medal for Bravery" issued two days ago ??

Hello friends
    Two days ago (22-2-2013) I saw in the news of a Russian Channel that President V. Putin presented medals to outstanding Russian citizens.
    Among them I saw a young girl Zalina Arsanova who received the Medal “For Bravery” (3Α ΟΤΒΑΓΥ) !!
    I was surprised because I couldn’t imagine that this medal is still in service from Russia.
    This link describes the ceremony but unfortunately there is no picture of the young girl.

President of Russia

Maybe someone can give us any extra information like the Serial Number of the medal or any pictures from the moment that this girl received the medal?

Just for information Zalina protected her six-year-old brother from bandits’ bullets by shielding him with her own body. This happened last summer (20-08-2012) at the city of Malgobek. She was just 12 years old. She was heavily wounded and transported urgently to Moscow by plane.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Last "Medal for Bravery" issued two days ago ??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The Last "Medal for Bravery" issued two days ago ??

The medal for Courage was abolished in 1991 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. The Russian Federation reestablished the medal in 1992. It looks the same as the Soviet medal, but it doesn't have the "USSR" at the bottom, see Medal "For Courage" (Russia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    In the early 90s they didn't have serial numbers, but the subsequent variations are numbered. I don't know what the number on this one is though.

This is Zalina with Putin:
    The Last "Medal for Bravery" issued two days ago ??

?

The other medal she is wearing seems to be the Medal for Solving an Emergency Situation (picture), an award of the Ministry for Emergency Situations.

?

Quote by Auke View Post
    The other medal she is wearing seems to be the Medal for Solving an Emergency Situation (picture), an award of the Ministry for Emergency Situations.
    I thought it was the Budapest medal initially!
    But seriously, what a brave girl, cheers to her.

?

Thanks a lot Auke !
    Offcourse this topic is out of the 1917-1991 period, but its really interresting to know about it.
    Ericfg is right. A really brave girl !