Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Liberation of Belgrade 1st variant

Article about: Since today I am one step closer to having the full set of campaign medals complete. That means, all 1st variants (with seperate rings and their original double plated suspensions) including

Default Liberation of Belgrade 1st variant

Since today I am one step closer to having the full set of campaign medals complete. That means, all 1st variants (with seperate rings and their original double plated suspensions) including all their sub-variations. Today I finally managed to add a 1st variant Liberation of Belgrade medal to my collection. This is probably also the most faked of all campaign medals by the way. I usually prefer the worn ribbons more but I couldn't pass on this beauty today

The only two missing now are the Defense of Leningrad "short horizon - polished sky" variant and the Victory over Japan 1st variant with "straight 4". Any help or tips where I can find these are very welcome

For now, here's my latest gem in the campaign medal collection:

Liberation of Belgrade 1st variantLiberation of Belgrade 1st variantLiberation of Belgrade 1st variant
    Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 06-19-2019 at 08:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Liberation of Belgrade 1st variant
    P
    Many

?

Beautiful medal! I also really like the colour of the ribbon.

Regards, Rik

Wow, really nice medal Marcel!

This is a beautiful example Marcel

Have you managed to find the VoJ straight 4 yet?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I did come across a few VoJ medals with straight 4 but they had either a replaced suspension or were a 2nd variant and I am looking for a first variant with original suspension. So the search continues haha

Nice work :-) I was just glad to have the campaign medals in one form or another, searching for all subvariations like you're doing is true dedication (or madness :P ). How many will you have in total then?

It is madness indeed. Just discovered another tiny variation on the Sevastopol medal where the dots do and don't meet the edge. So that said I still need three more.
    I now have 33 different campaign medals. When I have them all I will make a new thread.....if I ever manage to get them complete haha

?

I also want to complete variants. I go slowly but my reference is mondvor. I just want the variants indicated on the page, except in some cases.