Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medal of Nakhimov Real? ($250)

Article about: Hello, I got this Medal if Nakhimov for \\$250 and it looks real, but I would like some more opinions, as I have been wrong in the past. Thanks!

Question Medal of Nakhimov Real? ($250)

Hello, I got this Medal if Nakhimov for $250 and it looks real, but I would like some more opinions, as I have been wrong in the past. Thanks!

Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)   Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)  

Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal of Nakhimov Real? (0)
    P
    Many

A fake. This serial number range is a Variant 2 and yours doesn't match with a variant 2. And all in fairness, for $ 250,- you can't expect to get an original one. An original is almost 8 times as expensive.

Hello. Well, that kind of stinks, but hey, I am new to collecting, and the more mistakes you make the more you learn. I was wondering what website/book you got this information from, so then the next time I look to buy one of these medals I can look at the source. Thanks!

If you're new to collecting my advice is to start with the more common badges and medals. Even these are faked but the money involved is a lot less than those high end medals and orders you showed before.

The best website is in Russian but google translate should help you on your way, here it is:
    ОРДЕНА И МЕДАЛИ СССР

Good websites for reference is dealer's websites from Matthijs: Home plus also Collect Russia Collect Russia Soviet Russian Both show a large amount of original medals and orders where you can use the photos to study the originals.

Also Auke's website is a great source of information where lots of high quality pics can be studied: Researched Soviet military awards

Hello. I do in fact have the more common orders and medals like За отвагу (For Courage), За боевые заслуги (Military Merit), Орден Краснoй Звезды (Red Star), Отечественной Войны второй степени (OPWII), Орден Крaсного Знамени (ORB), and За взятие Берлина (for capture of Berlin). Now it is the less common medals and orders that I am having trouble with.
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 11-05-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Spacing error

Also, thanks for the websites! I think that they will help a lot!