Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)

Article about: Hello guys, a couple of months ago I got this medal of ushakov for around \\$230 from a bid. I believe that it is real, but I would like to get all of your opinions. Thanks!

Default Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)

Hello guys, a couple of months ago I got this medal of ushakov for around 230 dollars from a bid on Ebay. I believe that it is real, but I would like to get all of your opinions. Thanks! (Sorry for the sideways Images)

Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Someone should be around to give you advice but in the meantime your photos are loading sideways. Are you down loading straight from a phone?

Here are a few links for tips to fix. It's trial and error but most common fix is to edit the photo on you PC before uploading

Pics from Camera uploading sideways

Upside down, sideways cell phone pics
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, and also yes. I was looking down from a phone.

Welcome to the forum!

These Ushakov medals are hard to come by and many fakes exist. More detailed pictures of the obverse and reverse are required for anyone to give you a definite yes or no on the medal. Try and post photo's similar to these:
    Медаль УШАКОВА
    The above site is a great reference site if you haven't found it already. I use it regularly with Google translate.
    The Ushakov medal is out of my knowledge base to give any opinions on it.

I hope it's original and look forward to seeing how this turn out!

Thanks for your help, I think that it is original, because all of the details check out to the type 1 from that website, and the chains are connected in the right places. If anyone else has a different suggestion/opinion about the medal, I would love to hear it. Thanks!

Much better pics are needed with these awards as Leaftree already mentioned. Too many fakes from these floating around. And most fakes I've seen all had three digit serial numbers.

What close up pics would like me to provide?

Exclamation

Hello, I have taken new photos (Hopefully not sideways this time) and I will post them below. Hopefully, this will be good enough:

Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)  

So based on the new pics, does it check out as real in your opinion?

In my humble opinion still not good enough pics for such highly faked medal. Based on these pics alone (and because of the quality of the pics it is more a rough guess than a solid opinion) the obverse show too soft details and some details are missing. I feel this is a medal that is treated with something to give it this 'worn' damaged look (and yes, that happens a lot). You have the medal in hand so you have a 'clear' and 'sharp' view of the medal, unlike us who have to judge based on bad pics so best to compare yourself with the known medals shown online. Here's already a good one with clear pics

Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast