Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Missing Soviet Awards web page

Article about: Gentlemen, There was a web page - in russian - that was in my pinion the best source of information on orders, medals and badges of the USSR. Tons of info on medals, their variations, as wel

Default Missing Soviet Awards web page

Gentlemen,

There was a web page - in russian - that was in my pinion the best source of information on orders, medals and badges of the USSR. Tons of info on medals, their variations, as well as something that I found quite useful: The year that correspond to an award number.

But it has been several weeks since the page cannot be accesed. I wonder if any of you knew this page and can tell me if they have a new address, so I can enter again. The page was:

http://www.rkka.weltkrieg.ru/nicola8.html

Regards,

Gus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Missing Soviet Awards web page
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Missing Soviet Awards web page

The weltkrieg.ru belonged to my friend, and he said that he move the server to other hosting, and it will be available again soon
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The weltkrieg.ru belonged to my friend, and he said that he move the server to other hosting, and it will be available again soon
    Dimas,

Thanks for the update. Nice to know it will soon be online again. It was a must for medal collectors.

Regards,

Gus

Hi Gus, the page is now back up online.

http://www.rkka.weltkrieg.ru/nicola8.html

Cheers, Ade.

Ed_Haynes
    ?

Thanks, Ade. Good news. It is a great source.

One always worries with websites. What would we do if the Mondovor site vanished?!?

Hi Ed, you are right it is a worry.

My wife had a site on the British women's ATS: then AOL pulled the plug on all their hosted websites and she lost it. Now we have to rebuild it elsewhere. It is a shame as the IWM even had it on their links page.

Going back to the Soviet theme, in case no one has heard of the Mondovor site, here is a link:

http://mondvor.narod.ru/

Cheers, Ade.

Ed_Haynes
    ?

Yes, always a worry. A book always sits on the shelf but a website is transitory and fragile.

I am so glad I used Teleport Pro to back up my own web sites, as my university changed policies without notifying anyone on the faculty and killed them all. I now wish I'd backed up Regiments.org while it was still around too.

If you have the Russian language skills (I don't) or can tolerate laughable online translations (I have to), the Mondvor site is a wondrous link, always being updated (one virtue of a website over a book, I guess).