Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help fake or legit medal for the capture of vienna

Article about: Do you think this Medal for the capture of Vienna is legit? I have read that it is a very counterfeit medal. I regret to say that I only have these images. Thank you in advance.

Default Need help fake or legit medal for the capture of vienna

Do you think this Medal for the capture of Vienna is legit? I have read that it is a very counterfeit medal.

I regret to say that I only have these images. Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help fake or legit medal for the capture of vienna
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

It's a good one

A good one indeed, which had a tough life. I like those well worn medals. Gives them character.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    A good one indeed, which had a tough life. I like those well worn medals. Gives them character.
    I agree

Unlike most armies who tended to wear just the ribbon bar except on formal parades the Soviets actually wore these medals in the field. Because this made them somewhat "tatty" the suspender and or ribbon were often changed to look smart for many years after the war when veterans continued to wear them often in everyday circumstances.

It doesn't look like this was has been changed at all so it really does look like a "war veteran"

As Marcel says, this is part of it's character!

You are quite correct that these and all the other WWII campaign medals are being faked, some to a very high standard but I think this is a good one

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sorry - "double tap"
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-22-2020 at 10:41 AM. Reason: duplicate
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."