Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?

Article about: Would really appreciate your opinion! Thanks in advance! Cheers, Evgeni

Default Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?

Would really appreciate your opinion! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

EvgeniNeed Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?

Sorry, the serial number is not good. The medal itself is original though. The saber hilt on the medal is the same as on later pieces (roughly between serial number 1 and 3 million), so the faker apparently took one of those medals and replaced the serial number. My guess is the unusual number of scratches on the reverse is the faker's attempt to cover up the erasing of the old reverse including original serial number. I can't say anything about the suspension.

Default Re: Need Help: Genuine early version of the "Medal for War Merits" (Type I, Version I, No 9214) or not?

Thank a lot! Very much appreciate your input!