Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order

Article about: Hi, some new items that came in Russian Chesterfield cigarette boxes. I save the boxes also Very interesting items themselves. I know the condition of medals is not perfect. I like them like

Default New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order

Hi, some new items that came in Russian Chesterfield cigarette boxes. I save the boxes also Very interesting items themselves.

I know the condition of medals is not perfect. I like them like this.
    The Red Star has had one arms enamel repiared/replaced. I would like to know when these medals were awarded if possible. I have seen numbers close to these that said they were wartime issued.

Are there strict laws for expoting these Red Star orders, or other medals from Russia? I think I read a post with something about that.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order   New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order  

New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order   New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order  

New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order   New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Arrivals/Bravery Medal/Combat/Red Star Order

Hi, sorry forgot tell the number of the RED Star order #1145924. appears they made a mistake on the "59" maybe changed from 39??

Hi Steve, all of your Soviet medals are WW2 and have been issued. The Red Star will date from 1945. I like them all.

Any awards pre 1945 are now ilegal to export from Russia.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, all of your Soviet medals are WW2 and have been issued. The Red Star will date from 1945. I like them all.

Any awards pre 1945 are now ilegal to export from Russia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, thanks, I like them too, especially for the price. All from one seller in Russia. Is that why he had them all wrapped up real good in cigarette packs? Why cannot they be exported now?

Regards, Steve

Nice awards, Steve.

I especially love the salty look of both medals. Quite "been there" appearance. Much better than mint examples imho.

Regards,

Gus

Hi Steve, I think they are regarded as "cultural property", hence the export ban.

Cheers, Ade.

?

1,194,279 was issued on 8/4/45 so your one is certainly in the April 45 ballpark. Congratulations on a really fantastic collection!

Quote by Koba64 View Post
    1,194,279 was issued on 8/4/45 so your one is certainly in the April 45 ballpark. Congratulations on a really fantastic collection!
    Hi, thanks Gus, salty indeed!! Thanks Ade, that is interesting to know.

Hello Koba, Thank you. I do not know about "April". Are your talking the date of the ETO war being over? If this is August 45 "ballpark" is..... was it was awarded for combat or?? in WW2?

I have heard about these Red stars being "long service orders" what exactly does that mean, and why the differences. I read that collectors do not like long service as much as "Combat"?? orders.

Dow did you research this, do you have a book with all the numbers? is information available on-line for all numbers?

Sorry for so many questions, just new to Soviet WW2 medals etc. orders. BTW, I paid about $40US for the Red Star. Is that a good price? I like it even if too much! It has been damaged and repaired.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve, we Brits always write dates day/month/year.

I have a list of dates. Send me a PM

The book on the subject is called "Echos of War". See here:

http://www.sovietauthentications.com/

Prior to 1944 the Order was only given for bravery leadership etc. Then it started being given for Long service. This carried on until 1957 when the new Long Service Medals were introduced. After thet it when back to the previous criterior.

$40 was a good price.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, we Brits always write dates day/month/year.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, some of us crazy Yanks like details also. OK, I will PM.

Regards, Steve