Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

Article about: I am very proud to now own this OG II with serial # 4887, awarded to a Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Master Sergeant Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov. With 8 awards he's been a very brave

Thanks a lot! Research from a multiple decorated soldier is always nice. And when from a Full Cavalier it is extra extra nice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov
    P
    Many

?

Incidentally, I also have found a OGII to a Full Cavalier.
    But it currently got stuck in the post service... Imagine that! I practically never had post troubles yet. So it had to happen on this particular delivery.
    So I am sitting here being nervous and all.
    -= Archival research Service for Soviet awards. PM if interested. =-

I can imagine. I would also be nervous and restless untill I would hold the package in my hands. Good luck and hopefully it arrives sooner than later without any complications.

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Shestakov in the list of Full Cavaliers:

Attachment 1338726
    This is from a booklet by Grishko and Zhavoronkin called Ordenskaya knizhka, kavalery ordena Slavy tryokh stepenei, published in 2005. It's a very useful little book in which you can search by last name of a full cavalier, OG1 serial number, but also by OG2 serial number and OG3 serial number. Therefore, you can consult the booklet when you consider buying an OG2 or OG3 - you never know, if might have been awarded to a full cavalier.

Thanks a lot Auke. Will start to look for this book now. Guess it'll be quite hard to find.

?

You can sometimes find it on Russian websites, which is where I got my copy I believe. This is what the book looks like:

Издание "Орденская книжка. Кавалеры ордена Славы трех степеней. Фалеристика.

Book is ordered now. A friend of ours in Moscow will pick it up. Very happy with this one

Dom
    ?

Great addition to your collection Marcel , but what a disaster for this group .

Indeed. Unfortunately groupings are almost always split up for more profit. It shows the greedy nature of humans. It is disrespectful in my eyes to those who fought and gave their lives for our freedom.

Dom
    ?

About respect a beautiful lesson of humanism

Henry Sakaida is the author of the two books Heroes and Heroines of the Soviet Union 1941-1945, please take the time to read
    and watch the video.

A War to be Won

This will please you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast