Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

Article about: I am very proud to now own this OG II with serial # 4887, awarded to a Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Master Sergeant Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov. With 8 awards he's been a very brave

Default OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

I am very proud to now own this OG II with serial # 4887, awarded to a Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Master Sergeant Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov. With 8 awards he's been a very brave man!!
    As always, thanks a lot to Auke for the research. Excellent service

The OG II # 4887 with original suspension, uncut ring and original ribbon:

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich ShestakovOG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich ShestakovOG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

Record card

Record card

Order / medal booklet nr. 414411

1. Last name: Shestakov
    2. First name and patronymic: Kuzma Dmitriyevich
    3. Military rank: Master Sergeant
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1914
    6. Place of birth: Village of Pesyano, Ishim District, Omsk Province
    7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1943
    8. Education: Elementary
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: From June 1941 to November 1945
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Company first sergeant in the 102nd Rifle Regiment, 41st Red Banner Rifle Division, 69th Army
    12. Current place of service and position: Senior conductor, 2nd Baku Train Station, Azov Railroad Line
    13. Home address of the recipient: 10 Pyataya Zavokzalnaya Street, apartment 1, city of Baku

14. List of all awards he received:
    Name of the order or medal - Serial number - Number of the document - Ground of award
    Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class - 363944 - Temporary certificate nr. 508321 - Order of the 61st Rifle Corps nr. 068/N of December 7, 1944
    Order of the Red Star - 857380 - 019621 - Order of the 41st Rifle Division nr. 89/N of July 12, 1944
    Order of the Red Star - 1451496 - 121905 - Order of the 41st Rifle Division nr. 038/N of May 19, 1945
    Order of Glory, 1st Class - 545 - 419018 - Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of March 24, 1945
    Order of Glory, 2nd Class - 4887 - 368362 - Order of the 69th Army nr. 0261/N of November 29, 1944
    Order of Glory, 3rd Class - 144803 - 033387 - Order of the 41st Rifle Division nr. 101/N of August 4, 1944
    Medal for Courage - 343904 - 768948 - Order of the 102nd Rifle Regiment nr. 35/N of August 1, 1943
    Medal for Combat Merit - 85539 - 224526 - Order of the 102nd Rifle Regiment nr. 1/N of January 13, 1943

Signature of the recipient: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the information and the signature of the recipient:

Military commissar of Dzerzhinsky District, city of Baku
    Senior Lieutenant [signed] /Zusmanovich/
    January 4, 1946

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich ShestakovOG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

Order

Secret (when filled out)
    Copy nr. 2

Order

Of the 69th Army

November 28, 1944 – Nr. 0261/N – Operational Army

On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, for the exemplary execution of combat missions at the front in the struggle with the German invaders and the valor and bravery displayed in the process, I award:

[…]

[Pages missing]

[…]

Commanding officer of the 69th Army Member of the Army’s Military Council
    Guards Colonel General Guards Major General
    [signed] /V. Kolpakchi/ [signed] /Telegin/

Army chief of staff
    Major General
    [signed] /Vladimirsky/

Acting chief of the Personnel Section of the 69th Army
    Major of the Administrative Service [signed] /Moiseyev/

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich ShestakovOG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

Award citation

All fields to be filled out fully

Award citation

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Shestakov, Kuzma Dmitriyevich
    2. Rank: Senior Sergeant
    3. Position and unit: Assistant commander of a dismounted reconnaissance platoon, 102nd Rifle Regiment, 41st Red Banner Rifle Division, 69th Army, 1st Belorussian Front

Nominated for: Order of Glory, 2nd Class

4. Year of birth: 1914
    5. Nationality: Russian
    6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party since February 13, 1943, membership card nr. 5746193
    7. Service in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): In the Patriotic War since May 2, 1942
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Wounded on June 11, 1942; December 8, 1942; and March 8, 1943 and contused on August 15, 1944
    9. Since when in the Red Army: Since August 22, 1941
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of Skovorodino District, Chita Province
    11. Previous awards (for which achievements): Order of the Red Star by Order of the 41st Rifle Division nr. 89/N of July 12, 1944; Order of Glory, 3rd Class by Order of the 41st Rifle Division nr. 101/N of August 4, 1944; Medal for Combat Merit by Order of the 102nd Rifle Division nr. 1/N of March 13, 1943; and Medal for Courage by Order of the 102nd Rifle Regiment nr. 35/N of August 1, 1943
    12. Permanent home address: _______________

Brief, concrete description of his feat of arms or achievements:

On August 15, 1944, during combat operations aimed at expanding the bridgehead on the left bank of the Vistula in the area west of Janowiec, Poland, comrade Shestakov killed a German gun crew with his machine gun, which created the opportunity to capture of the gun.

Although severely contused, he did not leave the battlefield. Instead he continued pursuing the enemy, and not until the battle was over was he sent to the medical unit.

Commanding officer of the 102nd Rifle Regiment
    Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Umnikov/
    November 1, 1944

He deserves to be awarded the Order of Glory, 2nd Class.

Commanding officer of the 41st Red Banner Rifle Division
    Hero of the Soviet Union
    Guards Major General [signed] /Chernyak/
    November 5, 1944

He deserves to be awarded the Order of Glory, 2nd Class.

Commanding officer of the 61st Rifle Corps
    Lieutenant General [signed] /Grigoryevsky/
    November 8, 1944

Awarded the Order of Glory, 2nd Class by Order of the 69th Army nr. 261/N of November 28, 1944.

Chief of the 2nd Section
    Major of the Administrative Service [signed] /Moiseyev/
    November 30, 1944

Shestakov in the list of Full Cavaliers:

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov
    P
    Many

This is fantastic!
    Is the list of the cavaliers award numbers all online someplace as you show one page?

That is a fine pick up Marcel.
    I haven't added a OGII to my collection yet. One of these days I'll make the leap.

@ meyerse: I didn't come across this list online. Would love to see that list in full. I got it with the purchase from the order so I will ask the seller (seller is from Baku, as is the awardee of this OGII). If I get the list I will post it on the forum of course!

@ Leaftree: I also waited quite long before I picked up my first OGII. It had to be a good one and I am glad it is with this research

No serial numbers but a very complete well researched listing of all Cavaliers of the Order of Glory by Bruce Emperic: Onward to Berlin!: Red Army Valor in World War II - The Full Cavaliers of the Soviet Order of Glory.

Excellent book indeed. Posted it here somewhere with some pics. Can't remember which thread. But yes, a very recommendable book!!

Nice score Marcel! The OG's are great orders. This one is in really nice condition, lovely item. A brave soldier with 8 awards! Is it known where his other awards are? Next goal: OGI?

No idea where his other orders are but I hope to find out through the seller. An OGI is way out of my price-range unfortunately haha. It is a dream though since I value this above a Hero of the Soviet Union

Awesome find!

?

Well done Marcel!! Congrats on this very interesting item!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast